Monday, March 22, 2010

Hutong @ Lot 10


I finally got a chance to experience this much talk about eating haven.  It was a brainchild of our very own Tan Sri Francis Yeoh who wanted nothing more but to put together all his favourite food under one roof.  How cool is that :) Wish I can do something like one day!



Anyway..this place had definitely boost the popularity of Lot 10.  Chinese people ..Malaysian Chinese in particular are such foodie....anywhere with good food..they will be there munching away ~

Read more about Hutong, Lot 10 at The Star HERE

This place supposedly has most if not all of KL most popular food..from the famous Petaling Street Charcoal Fried Hokkien Mee to Klang's Bak Kut Teh.  Even Singapore's famous Fried Hokien Prawn Noodle is available here.


  

L: Klang Bak Kut Teh
R: Soong Kee Beef Noodle from the heart of KL town ctr

 

L : Very famous Popiah from Campbell 
R : Petaling Street Hokkien Mee
(Both had very very long queues)


Since I wasn't well on that day, I decided to have porridge.  This is also originated from Petaling Street.  and had been in business for years. 


I think..this place is much cleaner than it's original set up :P

I opted for fresh raw fish to go with the porridge.

Additional side dish..was..err..deep fried pig intestine :P that explains why I fell quite sick later in the night :D

Taste wise..not much different than from the original stall.  Total cost :RM11++



Verdict:
Hmmm.  Personally...I do think it is such a brilliant concept but being a somewhat traditional person and most importantly a hassle free freak...I'd don't think this will be my top destination choice for a relaxing meal. 

Queue to order.  Queue to wait for food. Self carry food to seat. Looking for a place to sit.  Queue again for drinks.  Queue again for other snacks.  Certainly not my type of environment to enjoy the food..

Unless I happen to be in the area, it will be a perfect place to get good food without having to drive all the way all acoss town to get my favourite dish. Its air conditioned too : )


Apologies if the pictures are not very clear. Only realised my camera was on macro setting towards the end and was too tired to re-take. For better food pics go HERE




Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Atmosphere better mean price oso higher rite? I have heard of this place but have yet to try it. Apparently it's quite popular with tourists too

    ReplyDelete