Friday, September 26, 2008

No Nike Free for me :(

Some years ago, I was having knee sores even when I was strolling in a mall in a pair Nike - took me some time to note the correlation. And I wasn't even working out actively then. Since the shoes were wearing out, I started looking out for a pair of good shoes since I was gearing myself up for active gym going. A sales rep. at the New Balance outlet (One Utama) noticed that I am actually flat footed - and explained that's possibly part of the reason for my sore knees. Convinced and satisfied...I bought a pair of New Balance and still using it now.

FYI - this NB outlet in One Utama gives all time 20% to all items to all fitness club members. Just present your membership card and you are entitled to the discount. And trust me...they know their products well. If the staff are not up to it..just refer to the boss or his wife. There is another NB outlet at The Gardens. Not sure if they offer discounts to Fitness members but the owner is also very knowledgeable and helpful in offering advice and tips. And I think..he is always there.

So..before rushing to get a pair another pair of Nike..it's sensible to check out if its suitable for my clumsy feet. Why am I not surprise..that the reps at Nike stores are not very knowledgeable. Such a reputable brand. So many outlets. And yet..no proper product training for staff? I've walked into numerous stores. Most of the time.. just hung around distance away hoping that I don't mess up their product arrangement. I tried asking about the product once in a Nike Women outlet..the staff could only tell me that Nike Free is very light! And Nike Zoom is even lighter. Ya right -- great insights! I didn't even bother bringing up the flat feet issue.

How??...I turned to the Net for information lor. Well, the brand websites were not useful at all. Came across some forums...not much info. Until.... I came across this blog named Reymond's Journal - I have no idea who he is but he had an entry about his own problem with flat feet and Nike Free back in March 07. So...I dropped him a note to ask for advice. And he replied! with a dedicated post named Best Shoes for Flat Feet :)

Conclusion - no Nike Free for me lor :(

Darn. I was hoping I can have one so that I can use for both Body Combat and Tai Chi...I read somewhere that it is designed to give an almost bare footed experience...hence, some forums actually highly recommended it for Body Combat. You see..I was trying to convince myself it is 'good value for money' if I could use it for Tai Chi too..since we are suppose to have the soles closest to the floor when tai chi-ing. Hee hee..if you check out shoes of those seasoned tai chi masters...you won't see anyone wearing branded shoes la. Only simple black canvas shoes :) Currently, I am using a trendy brown/green Puma :)))
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. c o r r e l a t i o n .... between shoes and flat foot?? very serious word.. :p well, i have to agree with u on NB. these people are really pro. They even have a treadmill in the outlet, after measuring your feet/ sole, they will then ask u to try the shoes they recommend on treadmill, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. correlation between sore knees and the shoe lar.
    which NB outlet..so canggih huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. singapore, novena square... :p howcome i never see the silly NB and your feet!! :D really beh tahan u ah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha you are still trying to look for some excuses to just get one of your dream items!!!

    Good try though

    ReplyDelete