Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Deed Indeed

Earlier this month Chris asked me so nicely for a favour...I actually thought that she needed to borrow money from me...it turned out that she wanted me to organise something for the coming NYE :D  It's indeed not an easy task.  Year in year out..we do the same stuff..bbq, steamboat..go down town watch fireworks..duh.  The most 'eventful' was the year we rented a room in one of the hotels and spent the night out..come to think of it..don't remember we had loads of fun though..too long ago to remember.  I think it was raining ..and we got wet walking all the way to KLCC to watch the fireworks. Ok ...it was quite nice and exciting watching the fireworks right before above our heads.

Anyway..fast forward to 2009 NYE..what to do what to do??

I wanted to do something very different..but not sure what.  Only had one thing in mind..but it's kind of crazy ..ermm..not exactly crazy..but ..anyway..I was thinking...instead of eating and having fun ourselves..why not share the joy with the less previlege ..what about going to an orphange..bring over some KFC, a cake, some presents..I'm sure the kids will love it. 

Sounds crazy?  Anyway..I dare not raise the idea..not an easy thing to do..especially when we are not seasoned ..'care givers'.

For some reasons, however, my wish came true :)

The gym put up notices asking members to contribute gifts to about 30 children from the Sanctuary Care Centre.  The notices & announcement had been up for some weeks..but all just flew by me ...too many things in mind..may be I was only concentrating on working out :D ya rite.

It's quite common for us..or rather for me to think that..these kinds of charity drive..will have alot of support..'don't need me'.

Only yesterday..while zooming around town running my errands and not working...I had a free mind ...thnking more clearly and more focus than usual.  By evening..I decided that..I shall ride on this effort by the gym and Do My Part!

I was ambitious..I wanted to make sure I have a gift for each kid.  When I got home (it was already quite late) ..I started asking a few close friends for support.  Luckily..WK knocked some sense into me.  Buying gifts for 30 over kids..on such notice is no joke (I only have Friday to get it done).  And they are aged 3 to 17 yrs old!

By morning..me and Felicia..decided ..to go with WK's suggestion..we decided be focus and concentrate on the older aged group instead..we hypothesized that most people will prefer buying for younger kids. 

Ya..we are all researchers..we tend to over-analyse things.  But I must say..it was a good decision. 

1. It was darn hard shopping for 17..imagine..I would have died shopping for 30!
2. Figuring what's good and fun for 17 kids aged 10 to 17yrs old was ...no joke!







but hey...we did it!!  Thanks a million to Felicia...who not only contributed financially..but also her ideas..and her physical self in bearing with my fickle minded-ness.

Thanks to Chris, WK and Mich too for chipping in financially.

*pat pat on the shoulder* Little do..but it sure feels good.

Guess what..I went out shopping leaving behind my beloved credit cards and bank card -.- but brought along the camera and some useless loyalty cards.  Genius.




Here's a glimpse of the Christmas deco at Pavillion Mall.




And of course..with me around..it can't be all work and no food.




We were at Sakae Sushi for lunch...the above and below..tasted great espcially the crepe below.  Super super Yummy.  I thought I could remember the names....unfortunately..by now forgotten.

Above : Salmon, Mayonaise & Salmon Roe Sushi
Below : Soft Shell Crab in Crepe (highly recommended if you are into crepes) *salivating*




That's all for now.  Ta.


Maya Angelou : I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. Well done :). And now you have to focus on our NYE do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha .. we have a plan for our NYE but I guess it is still too 'early' from now (although two weeks from now) to get her attention to send out that email ... anyway ... after reading this I have another idea ... stay tune (but I haveb call WSL first to check out something ... ) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i oridi sent out email la..as usual..everyone says I M IN without giving any suggestions wan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just out of curiosity ... when on earth you have the idea I want to borrow money from you ... hmm.. have I borrow your money before and not returning? Let me know because I really cannot recall ...

    ReplyDelete