Monday, December 07, 2009

Tyres Worn out after only Seven Months

Is it possible for a 7 month old tyre to wear out?
These are pics of my tyres after only 7 months.



Sent the car 10,000 km service during the same month.  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring up the issue when I checked in the car.

Wheel balancing and tyre rotation are part of the 10,000km service. 

Yup..all were done accordingly when I collected the car.  The invoice stated that balancing and rotation had been done.  True enough the bad tyres aere now at the rear.

BUT.

Aren't they suppose to find out or at the very least alert me about the tyres.






I checked with TCEAS (Tan Chong Service Centre) again when I was there recently after a month.

To cut the story short....answers were nothing unexpected.

"Did you check your pressure regualrly" "This is normal wear and tear..there is no warranty for wear and tear"


For a while I accepted..that it's just..I just have to accept it.
But more and more people are telling me that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE for a new car to have such a bad wear out.

Hmm..my BIL think they are discriminating women drivers!

My bro thinks..there must be soem defect in the assembly!

I just submitted an official complaint to the Nissan Customer Service site.

Stay tune for updates.

sigh.

Best Blog Tips

6 comments:

  1. My tyres are still in good condition after 2 years plus. I think your brother is right. Don't let them get away with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you checked and see if the car tends to go to left or right side when the steering is straight during driving through a straight road?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,

    i tend not to trust my own judgement as I may be overly sensitive at times. but I may send it to an independent tyre shop to check the alignment.

    will wait n see what is nissan's response to my complaint. No acknowledgment yet..after 2 hours.
    great speed eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing to do is to contact an attorney. A lot of times unscrupulous dealers and manufacturers will try to bully the consumer into thinking their vehicle is not a lemon, or that the defects are not covered under the warranty or that the vehicle was misused or abused or "tampered" with to prevent the consumer from pursuing their case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I myself am in the same boat. Bought a new 08reg vauxhall corsa in June 09. 7 months down the line i have no treat on either of my front 2 tyres!!!! How is this possible when we bought the car off the forecourt and hardly do any miles in it at all.
    I dont know where to start with the complaint. Am i best off getting in touch with the manufacturer i bought it from first??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jojo,

    Unfortunately, I have no better solution for you. Are you based in UK? Hope you guys have better cust. service there.

    ReplyDelete