Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm a Plat Card Holder :D

Was suppose to post this last night..home streamyx was down Again! #$@..
This was written yesterday evening..hence doesn't reflect my current state of mind..whta's my current state of mind?..somewhat fustrated and totally disatisfied...at Nissan hoping to get some solution or rather explantion..oh..just something anything intelligent to soothe my ego.  Of course..I didn't get any.  Will write abou tthat when I get my thoughts in order -.-


Back in June this year I declined a Nissan Advantage Visa ....blogged about it too (co-branded credit cards)..this is parts of what I said:

Personally, as a consumer, I am against co-branded card ...I mean..come on..put yourself in our shoes..how many cards do they want us to carry in our wallet?


...after repeatedly spending loads on servicing and stuff...I finally gave in.  I agreed to apply for a Nissan Advantage Visa.  After all...it's not smart to reject money. 

Key attraction of the card:

10% off Nissan car service

15% off Nissan genuine car parts at Nissan Authorised Service Centres


And ..to counter the recent RM50 per card per annum additional charge..this card latest promise is a RM50 advance upon first swipe.  Ok what..why not?

I get discounts on my car parts and services.
I get RM50 advance to compensate on the possible new government rule.
And..most importantly it's FREE!


Guess what, the card arrived today with another surprise in the bundle.




I'm a platinum card holder :-D
Relatively low credit limit lar..but who cares..it feels good to have a platinum card in the pocket..haha.

What's the catch?

No catch as far as I know..

..It's free for two (or three) years at least
..It's already pre-loaded with RM100 advance for me to spend
(to compensate for the RM50 thingy I thk)

I'm a sucker..I know.

I think I will cancel the card from that Largest Bank since it seems so Reluctant of them to send over my replacement cards...it's been ..a month!

First they say..it will be sent to my home.
Then..I received a letter that says it is ready for collection at the Branch.

When I called to ask for them to re-send to my Home..they say..they can't do so if I'm not at home..as I have to receive it personally.  Then I asked if they can send it to my office?  Answer was No..but I forgot what was the reason.

Finally..they agreed to send it another branch nearer to me..so that it is easier for me to collect.

It's been a month!  No sign of card.

Tq very much..you can keep the card.

I'm all for SCB now.  The cards didn't reach me via Poslaju...I called to re-direct the card to my office.  Cards arrived to the office within a few days..at most 5 working days.

End.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Yeah just cancel that card, after all you have to pay RM50 so better not suffer the POOR customer service!!! And this is really the difference between foreign bank and local bank and the sad thing is the local banks DON'T LEARN and DON'T take initiative to improve customer service.

    It's funny that nowadays ppl are cancelling their credit cards and yet you are applying for them. I just cancelled one of mine and will cancel another one b4 the year end. Don't want to pay so much of my hard earned $$$$ to the gomen ;)

    ReplyDelete