Sunday, October 11, 2009

Customer Service @ Giant

Whatever happened to the Service with a Smile practice??
It's even more disappointing when one is greeted by a look equivalent with the image below at the Customer Service Counter.



I must say it was the most unpleasant experience I ever had as a customer.  And it wasn't even any fault of mine.  

The promotional price for the sanitary products that I bought was displayed with one of those huge yellow price tag image that says $9.99 but the price sensor at the cashier charged $12.49 instead. That is a very big difference moreover I bought two!

As usual...with such cases..we Customers will normally have to Work Hard ...ourselves to get things Right.  Unfortunately,..this is so true in many in fact most organisations in Malaysia.  They just don't care...! Or rather..the employees were never trained to care.

And so..I made my way to the so called Customer Service Counter and was greeted ny a representative who looked like the angry cat above.  I'm darn serious. She didn't have any smile nor any sort of pleasant outlook.  I wonder why she's with Custoemr Service.  Anyway..after spending a few minutes explaining to her my problem...she still had that irritating look on and didn't show any sign of aknowledgement whatsoever..  She mumbled something to her colleague and came out from the counter (still no aknowledgement)...walked a few steps towards the hypermarket area ..leaving me behind obviously.  Upon realising that I wasn't behind her..she turned to me and said "Follow me" ...still with that irritating look.

 I don't normally curse out loud but.....WTF!

The more I think about it..the more angry I am.

And so..I FOLLOWED HER to the aisle.  Upon reaching...with the receipt in her hand...she stared at the aisle for a very short while...barely attempted to identify the SKU from the receipt..then turned to me and nodded her head ..(without even saying a word)...to ask me which and where is the product that I bought.

WTF!

Damn it.  Such a lousy and irritating and snobbish xxx.

I should cut the story short before I contaminate this wonderful blog with foul lingo.   In the end,,she took the huge Yellow price tag ...and the original 12.49 price tag which was underneath back to the service counter...sour face STILL....informed another person who seemed to be more senior and left to attend to other matters.


Her Senior took over my case.  No IMPROVEMENT!  Sour face too!  Too out some form ..and bluntly told me to fill in my details.  For a while...I almost thought I'm theone at fault instead.  After filling up the details..she 'calculated' how much they need to return to me based on the price difference... $5.00.

Guess ..how long I waited for the miserable five bucks!  It must have been at least 10 mins!  As usual...it was mind boggling how they take things so easily..with no sense of urgency..making the customer feel as if we are here begging for money.

I was fuming.

In the end..she managed a soft 'sorry ah' when she finally came out with my five bucks.  bahhhhh....I'm not sure now if I ever wanna go back to Giant. 
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Well maybe you should write a complain letter to Giant mgmt..........but then again, they might not even care.

    Sad but true, this is the kind of Customer Service we get in M'sia :(

    ReplyDelete