Friday, October 16, 2009

I was at RPM Challenge !

Ai ya..wanted to do a quick entry about my first attempt in a RPM Challenge Class..ended up hooked on to a blog I stumbled upon when I did a quick google search about RPM Challenge. It's late now. And I kind of lost momentum on what I wanna write already. Will try anyway..


Thursday evenings...normally I'd catch an early BC lass (if I can get off early) then to tai chi class (if I'm not too lazy). Today, I decided that I needed RPM more then BC. I think RPM releases more endorphins and I needed that today..quite badly but all RPM classes today are Challenge classes..whatever that is...it sounds scary. I'd normally be half dead after a normal class..I wasn't sure if I can endure a Challenge class.

It has additional 2 working tracks on top of the normal 7..so I found out after checking with an intructor that I'm connected to in FB. See..I told you FB is useful..hehe.

Additional 2 working tracks...I will probably die! Moreover..I wasn't prepared for a long workout today. I didn't have any energy bar nor drink for pre-work out snack. And lunch was sandwich only. When I told Jenny that there will be additional 2 working tracks...she said "please go buy your energy bar" :-D

Long story cut short...I went for it la. It's all in the mind actually. My mind was full of apprehension..all because I know it's gonna be a longer than usual class...I was so tired and out of breath by Track 3 (song :right by your side) ...lol. Barely recovered during the slower pace track 4..and was in a total daze during track 5 (the round and around song).  Thank goodness I managed to recover in Track 6...and was back energised for Track 7..if only this was a normal class.Track 7 will be a finale mountain track...that I normally enjoy alot. Not. For this class..Track 7 is a repeat of Track 3 format..uhuh...I can declare now that I dislike Track 3!


I can't remember how I went through the remaining 3 working tracks. I also can't remember the songs played.

Most importantly..I did it wor! I lasted the whole hour wor! Miraculously..I didnt' feel as bad as I anticipated it to be upon completion.

*pat on the shoulder*
P/S: Craving for a wan tan mee now .
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. It's in the mind loh....mental barrier !! In reality, normal RPM u only work for 30 min lah...less than 10km equivalent. 2 more tracks only 10 more mins and probably make it up to 10km lah...Keep doing it, it become easier & easier each time. Go Go GO !!!

    Joanne (www.endorphin-addict.com

    ReplyDelete