Friday, February 13, 2009

Helplessly Lost

Can't think of a better phrase to describe an almost disastrous Friday morning drive...help me find a better after reading on.


First..the LDP was at a standstill right form the point after the Kepong toll. All because of road closures to give way to the Tour de Langkawi cycling race! They were actually on the other side of the road..it's quite cool watching them cruise by...at this point I am still cool. Thought traffic will be smooth in a while.

I was wrong...it was slow slow moving all the way to SS2. Since it seems like it will take longer to reach the normal SS2 exit that I normally use..I followed some cars to exit at the first turn not really sure where it will lead me to. One wrong decision to take the left instead of right...left me lost in the housing area. Ended up in two dead ends. Next, decided to follow some cars..thought it won't be too wrong since so many cars are heading this way. Ended up in a long queue...in housing area totally alien to me...total suspense..where I will end up in.

In de midst of the suspense ...I took a picture of these cool policemen on horses ..taking a rest under a tree :D



Guess what, the queue landed me in another mess at Sprint Highway after Eastin Hotel! Was totally helpless at this point. Turn right to go to opposite and then turn to Dato Abu Bakar or turn left to exit to LDP and attempt via SS2 again? I took the latter.

...again crawling on LDP. Still slow slow moving traffic. Stubborn me....decided to take the 1st exit again. And ended up almost lost again. Stopped to ask for direction...and safely arrived in SS2 this time!

So so late to work. Luckily..everyone else were also stuck in traffic. My whole body is sore and stiff now..too tensed up with this stressful driving condition. Ankle oso pain. Think I may need to get someone to take a look at it.

On the other hand..I've always wonder...why is the Tour de Langkawi held in KL..they cycle all the way to Langkawi?

Wikipedia says:
The race was formed based by the idea of former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad, along with Wan Lokman and also the First Cartel, the race was successfully held for the first time in 1996. For the first few years, the tour always started from Langkawi, however it is not lately.


Ah so ne...




Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. i can understand perfectly how its like getting stuck in hopeless traffic like this... hm... how nice if u have supernatural power to predict this in advance...on days like this, u really wish there's a efficient and reliable public transport we can just sit and take a nap.. best if we can take LRT... ei, u can ma.. park ur car somewhere, then take LRT la..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep always hate it when I get stuck in the crawls!!!

    Luckily this am, I decided to go to gym. Otherwise I might be affected too.

    Go for a good reflexology or full body massage to relieve the stress :)

    ReplyDelete