Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why do I RPM + BC

Yet another gym related post. Can't help it la....going to the gym has become such a routine for me. Good and bad. Good because it's a healthy hobby that keeps me fit and 'not so fat'. Bad because...I have yet to find other interesting things to do in life (boo hoo..get a life man!) A friend was complaining to me about her brother who spends so much time at the gym instead of coming home early or go find a girlfriend....I kind of understand how he feels. Since he has not found his gal, hence, relatively idle with his free time...instead of coming home to watch TV..and listen to family matters...or going out to booze or eat with frens (how often can you do that..)...working out in the gym seems like the best alternative solution ..right? Moreover..may be he has a 'target' at the gym ??

Anyway...I meant to write abit about RPM and BC. Ya...again :p

After 3-4 years paying quite substantially on a gym membership...I must say I only got more value out of the money spent starting from mid last year...which was when I started going crazy over body combat. It's been more than six months (about there) now...been doing at least 3 BC classes a week. I've gotten so used to it that...at times it seems like a stroll in a park. Don't get me wrong though ....BC is not an easy exercise...I couldn't move my arms properly for more than a week after my first attempt. It's just that it is such a fun exercise, hence, one tend to enjoy the process of doing it so much and didn't realise that the body was actually slowly adjusting accordingly in terms of endurance, agility, etc.

I also believe that it is because of all the BC training that made me strong enough to endure the much more vigorous and demanding RPM exercise. One fine day in January this year..I suddenly decided to try it out. Amazingly, I enjoyed it. Although it was tough but it wasn't as difficult as compared to the 1st time I tried it some years back. Since then..I had tweaked my schedule to the gym to fit in RPM as well as BC . All this seemed impossible if it was 3 years ago...I don't know why. Tuesday is my super day (by my standards) ..a day when I do both RPM & BC back to back. I guess....as I 've said many times..when there is a will there is a way.

RPM is still tough. As some of you may have read...I almost blacked out recently. A friend gave a perfect description --when you do RPM.."your legs seem like it's going to 'tercabut' (fly out) and your lungs feels like it's going to explode" Her description is quite true...not so true about the 'flying legs'..but the lungs...yes...gasping for air all the way. Last night was quite bad...so bad that my ribs ache now. Don't think it's becasue of the gasping :D ..I must have strained some oblique muscles..old injury. Decided to take a rest today....although ( was actaully planning to give RPM another go today (fav instructor today *hee*)..i must admit..at times my motivation to keep going to certain classes is driven by the intructors on that particular day. I think it's true for most people. I've heard of gals going crazy over certain male instructors that they will follow him to different clubs..wherever he teaches.

At times..I wonder why I put myself to such torture. Most times..I keep looking forward to the last track (there are a total of 9 sound tracks in the 50 mins class!) Some times I feel like just giving up and walk away...fortunately I only did that once (so far) ...that particular time when I started seeing too many stars and on the verge of throwing up :D

But...every single time I finished a class ..I walked out feeling greatly satisfied and almost 're-born' *hee*

Last night..someone at the BC class asked me to try out Body Pump...hmm....another one (?)..I may have to go 7 days a week if I take interest to another one ler! On a separate note..I think it's time to start yoga again...time to calm and stretch those nerves. Don't seem to be breathing properly these days.

Okie...it's late!..took me longer than expected to draft this. Sorry if I have bored you..well..may be a lil boring if RPM and BC is of no interest to you...but this is my blog ma...its for me to log my thoughts. In addition..who knows...may be useful to someone else searching for related info in cyber.

Speaking of INFO...I found a good read on RPM from this True Fitness GX Newsletter:
(Just scroll to Page 7-11 for a useful article about RPM, it's meant for instructors but I thought it's 'good to know' for members as well)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/11488934/True-Fitness-GX-Feb-09-Newsletter

ENJOY!
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Eh if you spend so much time at the gym, how are you going to find time to tackle your BMW guy?

    ReplyDelete