Monday, February 09, 2009

The weekend, food, friends & cars

Ok..nephew's gone. I'd better type as much as I can before he comes back. Was fighting for my life, I mean, the PC, for the past 1-2 hours with him hovering all over me. Tested my patience to the maxx man!

Before this..I was 'forced' to carry Angie (my 1.5 mth old niece) for about 15 mins ..longest record for me in carrying a newborn ha-ha..I think she enjoyed looking at me..didn't cry wor...jus kept on staring at me admiring my pretty face :D

I 'allocated' whole of today to spend time with Dad. Introduced my 'love' to him..the Nissan Latio Sport :D :D :D but unfortunately he prefers the Sedan wor. We also tested the Toyota Vios S version. Without much convincing..he, too, felt that the Latio is notably more comfortable to ride in..his exact words.."the other one..not very stable..very shaky". And when I told him that..the price difference is more than 10K..i.e. Latio price starts with a '9' while Vios starts with a '7' only...his reaction was .."kau mai kau lor'. As for me....this second test drive re-inforced my 'love'...Latio is indeed a better car no doubt. Well..based on it's price and specs..it is in a different league..so it is unfair for me to compare it against Vios...back to the apple vs. grape theory...sigh!


I must say that I had quite an elaborate weekend.....well..it was basically food and friends apart form the routine gym and tai ci-ing.

..starting from Friday afternoon/ evening...

..took the LRT from PJ to town...

had long lunch @ Shin Kee Beef Noodle and post lunch coffee@ with Aunt before going to the temple to pray tai-sui

...got stuck in the rain at Taman Jaya LRT station..thanks to FL who came to pick me up
...lepak-ed in Tropicana City Mall while waiting for others for dinner
...had Friday dinner at Pho Hoa

Never had so much beef in a day ..some more went to temple ...shame! And people are telling me that I shouldn't eat beef as a buddhist and an oxen. I don't usually fancy beef,..but these two places has excellent beef!
On a separate note, the experience on the LRT was somewhat 'refreshing' ..i can't remember when was the last time I rode on one. Must be years ago. I had the previlige to be on the same carriage with a group of deaf-mute young ladies. I got fascinated by the alternative communication manner....with sign language...they can communicate without shouting their lungs out. ... eventhough they were sitting in different corners of the carriage...such peace. And ..they use mobile phones too....the wonder of sms and mms!
Thirdly...walking around in town..can't help but feel unsecure. I was on alert all the timewatching over my shoulders..front, left and right. Had all my cash placed one pocket and mobile phone in another in case I am 'lucky' again to stumble upon a snatch thief

Saturday..was a relatively quiet day..with some housework, RPM and back to the house waiting for MM to visit. Had a relaxing tea and some snacks with MM and family at the Waterfront Desa Park City before they left for family dinner and me..simple dinner with dad before meeting up with WP for drinks at mamak at nite.
Sunday..taici /BC morning -- have gotten so used to this routine...think Sunday will not be the same without either one.
met up with SM and family at Westlake Restaurant @ Sunway Resort for lunch. It was a stressful meet..to be honest. Her baby was unwell...SM was also recovering from the flu she got from the baby. They had to take turns to attend to the poor sickly boy...I watched with my own eyes how a baby vomitted 'a fountain' of digested food ..ermm..so much for lunch. Nevertheless..at least we met!
In the evening...met Busybee and gals at Tea for Two @ Bangsar.

Ocassion - Busybee celebrating her freedom from confinement,
This is the 1st time I heard of a mom on maternity leave coming out to celebrate with friends after the full moon. Way to go babe..u r always my hero when it comes to motherhood.

Ooops..it's 10pm liao. I gotta get home to freshen up and meet my old pal..the DVD player. Astro programs really suck nowadays...I was so bored that I started on this drama series my aunt loaned to me - Forensic Heroes II -

had been the drawer for months...just didn't have time to start. I am hooked now. Kind of out-dated..but I like :) Loved the casts...handsome hunks, classy babes!
P/S: Think I sprained my ankle slightly while doing BC on Thursday...think it is slightly swollen but there isn't much pain though but then..remember my 'cacat' definition of pain?...will see how it is in next few days.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Hehe ... YOU are my hero when it comes to going to the gym dear.

    Thanks for the evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a very bz weekend indeed!!! Hope you had a great weekend.

    Look like the holiday & festive season is not yet over for you :)

    ReplyDelete