Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rest it


Decided to see a 'proper' doctor yesterday cause the pain got a bit intensed..I have to be extra sensitive in case the injury is more serious than I 'felt' simply because I don't 'feel' very well.


I've seen Dr Aston last year about my knees and they seem to have gotten much better since. He had just started his own clinic (focusing on sports related injuries) recently..more convenient location but higher charges since it's no longer a GP clinic :(


The doctor confirmed that there's a torn ligament (or whatever that's called) ..thankfully it's minor and should heal pretty quickly ..with proper care and diligent strengthening exercises






No body combat for this week :( but can still RPM with gentle care. He also thought me how to apply taping (see pic) for proper support if I want to continue body combating in the near future. So ma fan...macam la..professional athlete :D Hope I remember how to do it. I asked if he has a written manual on this taping thingy..he said tak-da. So..I said..I can always refer to the internet ? I've seen some articles about taping? He shook his head gently.....anyway he will be giving some free lectures on sports injury and treatment and some classes about proper taping techniques in the next few Saturdays...(refer to the clinic website for more details). I actually bought one of those slip-on ankle guard which is more convenient..but the doc says those do not give enough support.


Looking forward to be 'good to go' soon...
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm not sure if it's such a good idea to continue exercise. You should take a rest from all exercise till your injury healed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this torn ligament thing at my ankle before many many years back...I had to be put on those cast but luckily the more modern ones from 3M for few weeks...Nearly has to go for some orientation ball with it too...:P

    ReplyDelete