Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tolerance



Voltaire quotes:
What is tolerance? -- it is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly -- that is the first law of nature.


..we go by our daily lives learning to tolerate some things, some one, at different levels. I'd think I have a relatively high tolerance level. Basically, I dislike conflicts, hence, most of the time I chose to Tolerate. Something happened today..or rather the same thing that keeps happening had triggered me to wonder about Tolerance. Shall I tolerate? Or rather..can I not tolerate? Or...does it matter anyway?

The web is so poweful..you can google almost Anything. Out of curiosity..I googled on Tolerance and found a relative interesting write about the subject - HERE

Some intersting points made were:

William Ury notes, "tolerance is not just agreeing with one another or remaining indifferent in the face of injustice, but rather showing respect for the essential humanity in every person."

Why Does Tolerance Matter?
...being tolerant nonetheless remains key to easing hostile tensions between groups and to helping communities move past intractable conflict.

What Individuals Can Do
Individuals should continually focus on being tolerant of others in their daily lives. This involves consciously challenging the stereotypes and assumptions that they typically encounter in making decisions about others and/or working with others either in a social or a professional environment



I Shall Tolerate. No?

Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. - YOU tolerate, YOU suffer!
    - You NOT tolerate, others refused to tolerate, YOU suffer too!
    - You NOT tolerate, others tolerate : WIN-WIN!

    But if others got point, then is not about tolerance ..

    p/s : I also donno apa saya cakap

    ReplyDelete
  2. win-win is when both parties recognize the differences and willing to tolerate or at least live with it peacefully.. no?

    ReplyDelete