Friday, January 15, 2010

Are you ready to leave?

Seems like I've not updated this space for so long.  Actually it's only been about 2 days..may be less.  hehe.  All because of the unstable internet conenction at home.  It came back up last night but it was already quite late..I didn't have any mood to blog .  Not sure when it will go cranky again..I'd better post soemthing now..in case it goes off again tonight.

Been running out of things to blah .... had a few things in my mind..but quite boring stuff.   How are things..? It's already mid January.  Me ok so far.  A little bit under on and off..but still kicking alive & healthy. 

Not sure whether if it's because we are growing older and people around are also growing older and everyone are now more prone to illnesses and..eventually dying.  It's like every other month or..more unfortunately every other week or day we hear about people getting terminally ill and eventually die.

Recently, I was told about this nice man, whom I've never met, but heard of many times.  He had worked hard all his life.  Very hard. By now..he'd probably earned enough to stop working ...and enjoy life.  But then..when one is so passionately hard working..it's hard to stop work so soon..there will be nothing left to do...assuming he/she has no other passion.  I was told..he doesn't.  Very unfortunately..he has suddenly fell very ill..terminally...and may not live very long. I was told.

Dang.

That's it.  No warning. It hits you like a storm without any signal.

It's so sad right? When we work so hard hoping to have a better life at a later stage..then find out that..we will not need to live so long after all.

When we hear such stories..automatically..we will switch on the "Live as if your were dying.." mode..as Kris Allen had been singing. 

Why work so hard when we can't even bring money with us when we die.  So..why do we work hard?

..so that our children will have a comfortable life

What about me? I don't have any children..for now.  Can I not work so hard?  Not that I'm working extremely hard right now.  In fact I must say that my work has been pretty stable..not too stressful as it was before.  But..I've been quite too often thinking about going back to a faster pace job..(provided I'm still wanted)...

I also wonder..if only I didn't commit to a new car and the house..I don't have to worry about all the commitments.  I would have so much more money to spend!  Wooo hoo..

So..it's a matter of choice.    How the heck to Live as if we are dying??

Spend all our money. Don't save? Don't go to work? Don't go to school?

Don't sound right. Ha ha.


"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Mahatma Gandhi


This makes better sense right?  Yes.

Yes..we should live & treasure life as if we were to die to tomorrow...BUT along the way..we must strive to Learn as if we were to Live Forever.

No understand?  It means..we still should live life meanignfully.  Life may be short..but don't waste away life but not doing anything meaningful. I guess...it means that we should live without regrets..meaning..if we are to die tomorrow..we would be able to look back and give ourselves a liitle pat on the shoulder..saying..I've done most that I want to do..and ready to leave :)

Happy Weekend. What are you weekend plans? I'll be watching Avatar 3D....finally!





Best Blog Tips

1 comment: