Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Potong!

Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live ~ Nicolas de Chamfort

I am seriously considering to cut off and END my 'relationship' with TM.  I've wrote about my frustrations several times here, in twitter, in FB..so many times in so many ways that I'm getting tired of my whiney self.

Why not just end it?

It has now become very obvious that the root cause of the repeating faults are due to my faulty telephone line.  Each time I call they complain that they can barely hear me..and I had to practically yell out something like "Yes..it's because I have a faulty line..and you guys have not fixed it....and this is the main source of my unstable internet connection...."

Calling TM is like opening a mysterious box..you won't know what you will get until it is ...Opened.  If I'm lucky..I get a smarter representative..who at the very least understands my problem immediately..like the one I spoke to on Friday nite..he tactfully pointed out I had indeed called many times and he said that he will put in a strong comment asking for a thorough check on my fixed line.  Of course..no one came. No one called.  They always take the easy way out..reset the port at some external site..and hopefully this irritating customer will be happy for the time being..until she gets disconnected again.

As expected..it happened again last nite. If only..all reps are smart.  If  unlucky..you get some noob who can't even get your username alphabets right..let alone..understanding your problems.  This time, I had to call using my mobile cos  they couldn't hear me when I used the fixed line. And it went dead after a while -.- anyway.

It's not feasible, cost wise, calling a call centre with a mobile..they put you on hold, they go through verification process, you had to repeat yourself 10 times on each sentence.then they realise thye are in no capacity to understand the problem..they put you on hold...again..all this equals MONEY..to the mobile line!  I had to hang up.  No one bothered to call me back..although they have my mobile number.  And they KNOW I'm a frustrated customer.

I called again this morning from the office line.  Well..slightly smarter tone of voice..but..sigh.  So robotic.  I wonder if she understood half the matter I was desperately trying to put across.

I pay approximately RMM50 diligently every month for the fixed line and the internet access.  What's the point of paying when nothing works?  In fact they should give me a refund!

I'm seriously thinking about disconnecting everything, replace the fixed line with a supplementary mobile line at only RM10 and replace the internet access with a reliable wireless provider..may be Celcom.  Still researching.



POTONG! POTONG!
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Last time Choo Hock used the maxis wireless broadband. He said the signal in your taman is very good. But he's in the top most floor, so unless your room is also top most, I am not sure how good the reception in other rooms/floor is.

    So try maxis for 7 days lor.. can return if don't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. potong sajalah... surprisingly, my experience with TM was rather pleasant.. i actually think they have up their service standard (compare to a year ago). at least i get follow phone calls to check on the installation, etc. my case was opposite to urs.. all other broadband cannot reach to my floor (too high they said..-_-)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxis broadband is quite good now vs the early days when they introduced the service. You might want to give them a try. Only thing is if you cut the fixed line, then can't call your Dad at home, unless you get him a mobile phone.

    ReplyDelete