Friday, January 02, 2009

2 0 0 9



Ohmmm...I need a post holiday breakie..to recover from the holidays!

Happy New Year folks....

..how was your count down? I've decided not to mention anything about resolution...at least not today ..simply becos I have None!

Instead...a little re-cap on my NY eve and first day of '09:

NY Eve morning..went marketing at Pasar Kepong Baru. Chicken wings for BBQ, chicken breasts for soup, vegetables, mushrooms, some fish/ meat balls / etc for steamboat and macam macam - carry until hands want to patah. Lost track of how much I spent. Not alot...may be about $50-60...I think. Only remembered that one chicken wing is $1...so I bought 25 wings :)




NY eve afternoon from about noon to 3pm ...was back at home..preparing the food stuff...washing up...marinate chicken wings, making the soup, etc. I ended up buying and preparing most food stuff cos 'someone' who offered to prepare vege stuff didn't seem ready to do it..when I called her. Since I am going to the market anyway...might as well la.

As for the chicken wings..most people don't like to do this task..washing raw meat. I find it ok..equivalent to washing your own arm pits only ma. Remove excess hair..and anything that doesn't look edible...easy :)

PPL is organising another belated NY 'do' at IO's house this Saturday. I have declared that I've had enough of 'food preparation'...so may I be excuse from 'hard labour' I shall just bring myself ..can?




By about 4pm..I was on the road again..tranporting tables and bbq pit, empty pots I loaned from sis' place to the 'camp'.

FL arrived around 5ish..and helped me transport the pot of sou..and all other food stuff over to the 'camp'

We had 'some' trouble starting the BBQ fire..but we made it!


The chicken wings were great..close to perfection! WK did a good good job managing the grilling and I think my marinating oso not bad although CC thinks it's a bit blend.

The steamboat spread. It's a pity I dodn't have any pictures of the tables and stools...that my guests brought. Basically..they brought their own stools and left with their own stools. Trish and hubby brought a jip toi (table).

No bowls....seen vege soup in cup before?

The tung fun (glass noodle) that I nobody ate..was told it's normally used for prayers :D



Vodka anyone?



Temporary sound system..before we switch to WK's mini compo for countdown...but silly Red FM didn't have any Countdown ..%$#*@


Empty pot by midnight..not bad eh..



Spot the difference...upon my request..2 person making 'corn in cup' using different tools.




NEW YEAR DAY 2009! Was at SY's house...for the 2nd consecutive year..SY served her signature dish - SY RAMOS RIBS. MK declared that these ribs are better than Tony Ramos M'sia..becos TR doesn't serve babi in Msia :D

But..really....they were Great! Thanks for the hospitality. The ribs and all the food were yummy! It was suppose to be pot luck. AST brought a stew. MK brought salad. I brought Ice Cream and myself :)

And...oh..I love my pressies :) Thanks gals!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

P/S: Throat discomfort miraculously disappeard throughout the holidays..now it's back :D I must be allergic to work.

Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. You got prob starting the BBQ fire coz the Soh Hxx who used to start the BBQ fire was not invited. Old man need to be around to give some "pep talk" in order to start the fire!! *LOL*

    Cowie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As for the chicken wings....equivalent to washing your own arm pits only ma. Remove excess hair.." :D:D wa lau eh.. gross la...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whey why u describe prep the chicken wing so gross one!!! Lucky you din mention it on NYE....otherwise I m sure, no one gonna touch ur wings!!!

    But it was a great NYE dinner.......great experience too doing it in a very 'NEW' house ;)

    Thanks for doing most of the work though..........now we hv to find our next victim for 2009 NYE hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to mention...THANKS everyone for coming, I had a great time TOO!

    ReplyDelete