Monday, January 26, 2009

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Howdy..gong xi fa cai everyone! Here's wishing everyone a great brand new year of Ox! It's past midnight here in KL...while typing this I can hear sounds of fireworks in the neighbourhood. Majority of chinese households are praying to welcome the 'fortune'God...wishing for a properous year ahead.
Am at my bro's place..my nephew is sitting next to me watching some ninja turtle movie..while his daddy is snoring away.
As for me...I am just enjoying this very moment. Alive :) About 30 hours ago, I met with an accident. I was with dad on the way to grab dinner.....as always..dad was nagging me for following too close behind the car in front me, for driving too fast (I wasn't..) ....all of a sudden the car in front did an emergency STOP. I managed to brake in the nick of time..I've never been so close to a car before...kisssssseddd slightly..before I can heave a relieve sigh...the car behind hit us like a rock. I sat still for a while..recollecting my soul while dad went on with his."didn't I tell you so.."
The next few minutes went by in a blur. Since I am the 'middle' victim sandwiched between two cars..I had to juggle my "front and rear". I didn't expect any damages at the front cos I was quite convinced I didn't hit too hard but the driver insist that i reverse for him to check. Ok..did that..and immediately after that...I had the other driver waiting for me..to check my rear...I was expecting a hugely dented or damaged rear bumper..BUT....hooray.....it was as good as before!! I checked and rechecked at least 5 times...to make sure I didnt miss anything...but true enough...no damages..hooray. Good ol KIA..!! The owner of the x-trail wished me Happy New Year before he hop on to his vehicle..his front bumper and lights slightly damaged. By then..the driver of the other car was patiently waiting for me..with something in his hand..my number plate :D it fell off when I kissed his car.
For at least 12 hours..I was rejoicing on how lucky I was..that there wasn't any damages resulting in financial losses..only this afternoon...I realised that the accident could have seriously hurt any of us if the impact had been greater. I should be be thankful that we got away unscathed! Phew!
Thank you..
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Kung Hei Fatt Choy SL! Gosh, your situation reminds me of what I normally have with my dad seated besides me driving. Thank goondness that you are alrightly dude! I am sure this would be a good omen for sure eh? Wishing you best of everything in the moo2 year (Li Li Chan) malas want to bukak account lah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sookie, so glad to hear that you and everyone involved is doing alright. So the worst was left behind in the year of mickey mouse and we are going to make sure our year rocks k.

    fm an ox that rocks :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hope all your bad luck are left behind in the year of the mouse!!!

    Your Mom must be watching over all of you from above :)

    ReplyDelete