Monday, January 19, 2009

Friendship and Shabu @ Puchong

A belated post about an adventurous Friday of mine.

I left PJ around 7pm heading to Puchong for a dinner at Puchong with Mich, CC and Trish. Why Puchong? Traffic will be horrendous...right? Ya..correct..we know that..but these are things that we don't mind doing on Friday nights just for friend's sake becos..Mich had lessons in Puchong till 9pm....so the best place to meet is still Puchong. We have not met Mich for months.

So..psyched myself to be as patient as I can with the traffic..I 'crawled' on Federal Highway heading to the infamous Sunway bridge...and then managed to painfully squeezed through the irritatingly small lanes to get on to the LDP which was relatively smooth until I hit the toll.

It was a nightmare immediately after the toll with millions of cars zig zag-ing and fighting to enter their respective exit points....you will know what I mean if you've been there. There are like 4-5 different exit points. I needed to head to the 4th exit on the right..and I was stuck right in the middle of MANY cars....and nobody wanted to give way to me. Come on people..we are in the same boat....give way la..what's the point of inching your way pass my right and left..just to be a car ahead of me..Idiots!

Anyway...after that nightmare..I had to face another obstacles...yes..like amazing race! Again..if you've been onto LDP leading to Puchong..you will know what I mean. There are many surprise road dividers and exit roads ...e.g. suddenly you find yourself unable to exit left cos you are suddenly separated by a divider (this happens opposite Tesco for example) or suddenly when you thougth it is safer to travel on the left most lane...suddenly you see that the road exits to some unfamiliar places that you have no intention to go to..and super driver me here was caught many times making emergency lane switching on a busy highway. And these are everywhere!

I experrienced these more ..because cos I had to travel some extra miles...cos I missed two u-turn to go to the oppsite side where Tesco is. As a result..I almost drove myself to Putrajaya! Went all the way to another toll...drove on...made a U-turn...pay toll again..and finally..Tesco!

..I was hungry, a little dizzy and tired. Through out..the journey..to be honest..I did question myself..why on earth did I agree to come here ...at this hour...at this kind of traffic congestion..just for dinner! All for the sake of friendship :) And...guess what - we had fun!

We were at Shabu Shabu King. For RM26.80 each, we had buffet shabu shabu. We get to take Whatever we want from the spread. There were loads of stuff to choose from the moving conveying (just like in sushi king) and there were also other items like fresh pork slices (see below), fried stuff etc that we can order from the waitress. AND..the most fun part is..we get our personal pot to cook the stuff. Personal..as in..each person One pot! So..depending on the kind of meat/vege that we put into the soup..one's soup may taste diff from the other!

Fun! Pics..err..no bring camera...as usual..some pics I took from the blogspere. This site - http://limmeiyen.blogspot.com/2007/08/shabu-shabu-restaurant-bandar-puteri.html captured some great pics of the place:

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, you survived LDP traffic on a Friday nite!!!! And you still manage to keep your cool to have fun..........even more amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see..it's proven now..that I m not that Difficult after all :D

    ReplyDelete