Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breaking News..which is Fastest

At about 18.35 hours, we (in Pen M'sia) experienced the strongest tremors ever. Almost instantly dozens of Facebook status updates were up. Nobody knew exactly what was the cause..though we suspected earthquake in Indonesia.

I aborted my online banking task and started to scan all the main online news sites I could think of. Below were my results as at 1900 hours.

Guess?? Which news portal was the fastest (by M'sian standard?)


CNN

Star Online
 Star Online @ Twitter

 

NST Online - don't bother looking..no updates on the Quake...unless I missed it.

NST @ Twitter...(??)
Malaysian Insider @ Twitter..(no updates)



Malaysian Insider site..mentioned under Breaking News



Btw..Staronline @Twitter was the first that gave me update. Well done!

Heading home now..no more tremors..but I'm still slightly dizzy. Most of my freinds in bigger buildings had evacuated immediately ..lol!
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. yeah the star was really fast this time but nothing beats social network sites like fb in spreading the news ;)

    ReplyDelete