Friday, October 24, 2008

About the ABS & Coffee

The ABS is a four-wheel system that prevents wheel lock-up by automatically modulating the brake pressure during an emergency stop. By preventing the wheels from locking, it enables the driver to maintain steering control and to stop in the shortest possible distance under most conditions. Source: About.com

Thank you ABS! My heart's still pumping. Had another near accident encounter a while ago..same spot same traffic light as a couple of weeks ago when I almost bulldozed a Perodua Kancil *hee*. I still maintain that I am (by normal circumstances) a gentle and safe driver.

This time it was an old Datsun..(Or issit a Nissan) without any brake lights. Well..the light was still green ( a couple of seconds left to be exact) ....I was right behind it watching the lights, at the same time maneuvering at my best to avoid the potholes (that have been there for ages), at the same time watching over my back because there's this car tail-gating me (probably annoyed with me for taking so long to get into the turning lane - because I don't want to go over the potholes - you idiot!). Yup..all of a sudden, by the time I switched my attention back to the front...the car in front of me was stationery..! Whoaaaa....! Thank you ABS!

Partially, blaming the coffee that I was having. High on caffein equals impatient driving. Yupe..I am back to coffee. Some months (last year?) I was bragging about quitting coffee for good. I couldn't remember why I had to quit then and come on..coffee is such a great invention. Since I can't take tea....coffee is the only indulgence I have. As a result...it's slowly coming back to me now..why I had to stay off coffee then :(

Back then, I was getting a tad bit worried about a consistent bad throat and occassional dry coughing ..(got a bit more worried when I started to spit out phlegm with tiny weeny bit of blood in the morning)...the doctors adviced me to stay away from coffee and spicy food.

Months went past..and I forgot all about that la. Happily went back to a cuppa a day :) and yupe..the symptoms are back!

Darn...
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. Why quit coffee? It is just a drink.. like Milo :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah.. have never heard drink coffee can cough phlegm with blood one... could it be the sugar? try coffee without suga, see? sugar causes plegm, this happens. blood could due to the prolong dry cough.. possible?
    :D scold ppl idiot ah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. or go for decaf.. you need to drive a bit slower le.. I still want to read your blog, you know..

    ReplyDelete