Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pondering again..

Today was a pretty quiet day for me...was in quite a somber mood pondering again ..until Mag came online and got me all entertained & tickled with her ever so exciting stories and "future plans". Now..I can't find the mood to start this :) Let me try slowly..to get back into the mood.

I can't believe we are approaching the end of 2008! I barely did anything! What a waste of time! The good thing about keeping a blog or diary is that it is easy to flasback on events and happenings over time. With blogs it is even easier..can click by month, events, etc. For the records, I started blogging in July 2005! Three long years liao! Wa lau eh!

Oh ya..discovered facebook in July 2007..still loving it. It is a great way to re-connect with old friends. May not be active all the the time...but at least the 'connections' are there Linked provided the other party logs on regularly lar. Just 2 days ago I re-connected with an old friend (Jordan) whom I met in secondary school..and found out that he has one existing mutual friend with me and 2 other which I also knew and will add on soon! What a small world.

So..back to me and my boring life. Yep..have not done much this year. Did a quick check on my past entries here....almost ZERO in 2008. Pathetic compared to previous years. Not that previous years were great but..relatively 2008 is lousy man!

TRAVEL
Only made it to Langkawi in July this year. I realised that my travelling destinations gets more pathetic as I age. Watch this:


  • Y2000 @ Vancouver, Canada (cousin's wedding)
  • Y2002 @ Bangkok, Thailand (brother's wedding)
  • Y2003 @ Nepal
  • Y2004 @ Hong Kong & Taman Negara, Malaysia
  • Y2005 @ Bali, Indonesia
  • Y2006 @ Taipei, Taiwan & Kota Kinabalu, East Malaysia
  • Y2007 @ Beijing, China & casual drive to North Peninsular Malaysia
  • Y2008 @ Langkawi, Malaysia

See what I mean??

We were eyeing Egypt after Nepal ..way back then...by now..cannot afford liao. Commitments lar! Those days free n easy..no home loan..still young..supposedly well paid executive. Easily bought 80K car (2nd car some more) and branded watch without an eye blink. Now..wanna buy Nike shoe also count fingers for so long -_-

Other "Worth Mentioning' Events

  • April 2005 - Nephew Danial born
  • January 2007 - Endometriotic cyst surgery
  • April 2007 - Lasik surgery

Other Leisure Activities

  • Y2005 - Joined a gym
  • Y2006 - Started learning Tai Ci
  • Y2007 - Took Personal Training at gym (*eyes rolling*)
  • Y2008 - Fell in love with Body Combat (*more eyes rolling*)
Only consolation is..I am STILL doing all the above activities...I mean..still gym going and tai ci - ing. Was telling Mag..If I am picked..I may even go for instructorship trainng (tai ci) in 3-4 years time (*more more eyes rolling*)

That's 3-4 years time..meanwhile what do I do to spice up my life??
Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

  1. Eh not too bad la, you have to see 2008 in totality. At least you are going to gym more regularly and joining classes as well :)

    As for holidays, still have time to plan for year end you know ;). Dun be lazy, just call up a travel agent la

    ReplyDelete
  2. si fu wor... in olden days, only very very very experienced and old masters can be instructors.. this is a lifetime achievement wor... good what...

    ReplyDelete
  3. allo..cannot be sifu so easy la. ..many many levels to go thru...by the time reach si fuu level..ngam ngam full of grey hair lor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D still can't imagine you tai chi-ing... hey, Mei Lan also do tai chi, just started, maybe you guys can exchange notes.

    ReplyDelete