Thursday, October 02, 2008

KL-Kampar-Ipoh-KL in less than 8 hours

Day 2 - I am back!

My knee's hurting and every inch of muscles tensed due to non stop driving in the last 8 hours. Left home at about 9.30am, was in Kampar by 12pm. (Was planning to leave earlier like about 7..but both myself and dad didn't wake up until 8am!)

It was just me, dad and my old faithful banana kia travelling leisurely....no fixed agenda. As usual, dad did most of the talking while I concentrate on the road enjoying the drive and listening to my favourite mp3 songs playing from a cheap FM modulator that I bought recently. You must be wondering now.."who's talking to dad?" oh..as usual..99% of the time I ignored him. Bad hor? Well...you see, I am not a person of many words mah.....plus, most of the time he talks about totally irrelevant stuff either some old stories from the past that I've heard many times before...or some other things that I'd normally can't think of anything to say in response. Once in a while, he does give me some insights on current world issues that I am not aware of though.

Either he is getting older that he can't articulate his communication skills well or I have become more impatient lately. Must find time to do some yoga....to create some inner peace. BUT....I do pay attention to him and his needs. Like when he tried to stretch his legs to ease the tension from sitting too long....and I remember things he likes to try or buy e.g. biscuits, snacks, durian, coconut drink..etc or when he preferred duck instead of chicken.

Back to the trip. Nothing much to talk about actually since this is not our first time to Kampar. Food remains as the priority. Basically..anything from the north is Nice (and Cheap). And trust me..you WON'T find the same in KL!



Here are some food we had in Medan Selera Kampar (near the market)


Delicious char kuey teow RM2.50. See the fresh cockles? Still bloody wan :p
It's so cheap! I had to clarify twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
Mouth watering Kampar Noodles RM3.30 where to find in KL?? Again..Tasty and Cheap!

Lastly...our favourite kopi ping (ice local coffee)..been craving for these since my last trip here. Now..that explains why my muscles are tensed and aching again. Sinseh says I can't take iced drinks!

After food, I drove around trying to locate the biscuit shop that sells fresh from the oven kaya puff. Found it! Bought six puffs and dad bought some other snacks along with it. Had one kaya puff immediately! Visited the temple for a while before leaving the town. Some homeless woman sitting by the entrance greeted us..called me AUNTY wor! @&^%$@# This is the 2nd time in 24 hours. Yesterday, the lady selling kites at the park also called me AUNTY. I refused to buy from her (Grrrr..!) Wa lau eh...do I really look so old ka!

What's next? My initial plan was to drive to Tanjung Tualang which I thought was after Kampar town. But realised I missed the exit after speaking to Connee. We headed to Ipoh instead. Reached Ipoh at about 2ish but we were still full from lunch. Didn't even have space for the famous White Coffee. Drove around aimlessly trying to locate a mall so that we can burn some calories off before our next meal...cannot find wor. By then dad got abit restless..and suggested that we head home instead..since cannot eat..and there's nothing to do. I was like..HUH..BUT WE JUST GOT HERE! At about 3 ish..stumbled upon the happening place in Ipoh where they have 2-3 shops selling taugeh chicken and herbal chicken. Dad suggested that we pack home herbal chicken instead. Sounds like a good idea. So..that's what we did..oh.we bought herbal duck instead. Old man preferred duck.

Before heading to the highway..I thought I'd better stop by for a drink to stretch my legs..and of course coffee helps me to stay awake. So..off we went to Ipoh's old town...the infamous Original White Coffee shop..Sun Yin Loong. The place is Packed! Obviously..with KL'ites. We decided to pack our drink instead..but the coffee not so good la..Kampar Kopi BETTER! Had another kaya puff before heading to the highway.

Reached home before 7pm! Here's what we brought home. Had my 3rd kaya puff while I am typing this.

While I am fooling around here..old man was busy with his normal chores (that I chosed to ignore all this while - bad daughter). He also cooked rice so that we can have rice with the duck. He's been busy..me too (blogging and surfing). He was also busy 'fighting' with the duck trying to chop it into manageable pieces..but I think it's more fun tearing it apart with our hands :D He ignored my suggestion but he is obviously very happy with the trip and the duck. Fed me a piece of duck (pre-dinner)...nice lar (the duck) and the gesture. Aww..I felt so spoilt and loved at the same time. Once again..simple things ....makes life wonderful.

That's my Day 2!

Time to go back to the gym tomorrow to re-condition those tensed muscles and of course..burn off those extra claories consumed last 2 days. Oh ya..gotta decide venue for the get together with the gals. How ah?? Where ah?? What to eat ah?? Sigh..normal questions asked each time before we meet up.


Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun trip, no pre-planned agendas, so impromptu..nice. :) btw, spending so much time with ur dad, who says you're a bad daughter?? regardless whether you pay attention or not la.. most of the time they just want to be around us/ or us around them...same la

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with io, most important it the thoughts and efforts :). I am sure your dad really appreciates it

    ReplyDelete