Thursday, October 16, 2008

Post Lasik - 1st Anniversary

Greetings!

Today not so good day for me lar. My beauty sleep was interrupted by a nagging pain from a stiff neck. It was only 5am! Damn it. Luckily, I went to bed quite early the night before..so I had enough sleep technically :) Went to the sinseh to get some 'maintenance' done...feeling much better by now. And..I had a Double Cheese Burger for lunch today but for some reasons it doesn't feel enough. Appetite very good nowadays....hormones?? Today is BC day..need sufficient energy to last through. Last week, I nearly fainted in class cos' I didn't take any snack to fuel up before class.

Ok..enough of rubbish talk. This post is dedicated to lasik. I am due for my 1st year annual checkup upon discharge. What does that mean?

Well, post surgery patients will be monitored closely via weekly, bi-weekly, monthly..etc. All these check ups are free until they are satisfied with the eye condition and patients will normally be officially 'discharged' by the 6th or 7th months. I did mine in April 2007 and was discharged in October. So..I am due for the annual check up this Saturday!

The annual check up fee is RM50 per visit. Now..the 'catch' is....as long as we do not lapse on these check ups...our 'eyesight' is under-warranty. Meaning..if we re-develop short sightedness again in later stage of our life...we can opt to re-do the treatment at zero cost provided one sufficient cornea thickness for the surgeon to cut so many times lar.

Hmm..why am I dwelling on these technicalities?? Lost my flow a bit. Let me take a toilet break..to re-collect my thoughts.

(PAUSE)

I am back..but this is not working out lar. Completely lost my flow.....this is gonna be a lousy post. It's all over the place.

What the heck. Anyway..back track to 2006. I was actually the first one who started pondering about doing lasik and this Mag practically 'splashed of cold water on my face' with a comment that I can't seem to trace back now. Anyway..she said something in the likes of...."after a few years..we will all have long sighted..and will need glasses again..so why waste money" Sounded right..so stopped thinking about it lor. After the treatment is so freaking expensive.

Come November 2006, Mag returned for a 3 months break..and she was all hyped up about doing the treatment! She even did all the necessary research and has decided what type of treatment she wants, which doctor she wants at which centre etc. That's Mag..one of the most extra-ordinary friend I have!

And..so..thanks to Mag..we (Mag, Chris, Jenny and myself) made an appointment, oh no, rephrase -- Mag made appointments for all four of us to get an intro check up at the Optimax centre. In a matter of weeks, Mag and Chris did their eyes followed by Jenny.

Me? oh..as usual..your friend here procrastinating king. Bloody expensive lar..RM6,000 ah! I think I was scouting for the right credit card that gives longer instalment period. Was trying to get OCBC which gives 36 months (i.e. RM100+ per mth only) but they gave me so much problems I dumped them. Finally.. I managed to get a MBB card that gives 24 months. I finally did mine in April 2007! Ya ya...took so many months to get a credit card approved (*rolling eyes*) Six thousand ringgit sounds alot..but hey..ti's worth it....you enjoy the results instantly..even before leaving the operating table! And with instalment plans..you only pay a couple of hundreds a month!

So..that was me and my eyes. Following me...a few others went to do it as well!

My sister, Trisha, Trisha's brother and Michelle!
(UPDATED : PPL , Raymond (SG) and Eric (SH) also did it recently)

Well done folks!

Here's to perfect eye sight!
Not exactly perfect la..but no more glasses!
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. hey, i went for my 1st annual check-up in june, they hiked the price lah! it is now RM60 (if they haven't further increased it). no more RM50 as it was earlier promised...
    i think my vision is almost perfect now. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow can't believe it's 1 year already!!! Time flies

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup..RM60 it is!

    I still have 25 short sight and astig on the right eye. left eye oso 25 short sight (or is it astig - can't rem).
    sigh..no perfect eye sight after all.

    ReplyDelete