Wednesday, October 01, 2008

True Happiness for RM7

I 'celebrated' the holiday starting from Day 0 itself meeting up with Chris for a drink and dinner at Italiannies, The Gardens. When I need to chill out I'd usually turn to sports, my dear reliable friends, food and sometimes (very rare) ..a lil bit of alcohol. Spent a little bit more than my usual meals on pasta and a beer all because I wanted 'an environment'. Was only planning to have a light dinner (before going to the gym) but the pasta portion was HUGE eventhough we shared. After dinner, I went for my regular dose of body combat before calling the day off. I had about 45 mins before the class to let the food and alcohol settle down ...body combat after a heavy meal & under influence of alcohol - not something I'd do again. Basically, one will feel like throwing up before, during and after class :D Fortunately, I only had one beer (my usual limit). Alls well ends well.



Day 1 - I lazed in bed till almost 10 dozing on and off while thinking about what I should do for the day. Had been quite some time since I last stayed in past 9. Day started with doing some laundry and pets cleaning up in morning and then lunch with brother (& family) with dad at an old heritage chinese restaurant in Pudu - Sek Yuen.








We had Pei Pa Duck, Yam Kow Yuk, Hai Jo and Kwai Fa Chi - no idea how to translate these. The meal costs my brother 97 bucks! I think the food was quite good. My sister in law thought it's nothing great. The service sucks....old restaurant..no such thing as service probably. The lady who took our order was practically 'barking' at us to hurry up with our decisions. Will I go back??...may be not..too far away in town...and I really can't stand paying and yet being treated like idiots.


After lunch, we went to Tesco Extra in Selayang for some groceries. First visit to a Tesco Extra for me. What's the difference? They have special bulk stocks for business operators. So, if you happen to be looking to stock up on cartons of products..go to Tesco Extra.



The highlight of the day is actually THIS. A kite that only costs me only 7 bucks!





We dropped by Metropolitan Park at Kepong on our way home. This park has always been popular for kites flying but we've never really joined in the fun although we live quite nearby. Too many people on normal days.

I truly enjoyed myself! I am convinced Danial and his mom enjoyed themselves too.







Let me tell you a secret - I have never flown a kite before in my entire life. Like Danial, this is my 1st time! We know what we are doing la...it's really up there wan.....
Danial is a fast learner...look how 'pro'' he is in this video.

(oops..error when downloading video..will try again when I have a better connection)


Dinner was another RM90++. So..we contributed about RM200 just on meals in one day but it's actually the RM7 bucks that was truly worth it. Happiness indeed!

What's on Day 2? Zoom to Kampar with dad..stay tuned..

Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad start to the holidays :).

    Hope your D2 is good too........looking forward to D3 :)

    ReplyDelete