Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Escapade

As you know....I 'ran away' from the office on Friday for a lil escapade. As expected..when one is mentally weak and is roaming about aimlessly in the mall...the "credit card comes to the rescue".


Total damages around $250 excluding meals. Yikes...and I forgot I need to swipe for the ceiling fans later part of the weekend. Total total damages close $700!!! Die!!!


I also took up an offer to upgrade my visa card to a platinum ..since it is Free. No catch. COmpletely free on 1st year. Second year onwards ..I just have to swipe 12 times a year..sap sap sui lar. No idea on the credit limit as I won't be spending so much anyway. NOw, the problem is transferring all my current direct debit to the new card -_- The sales guy was complaining that..nowadays it is so diffcult to get someone to entertain them.. ..I told him..."well when it is FREE we will entertain...plus I am also mentally Free today oso "


We also made it to Pudu Wai Sek Kai (Pudu food street) for dinner. It's all hawker food. For me..their trademark is probably their 'cocki-ness'.. everyone seems to be 'fierce and angry' with their customers.




Fried radish cake - super delicious....best I've ever tasted in life. but...no service with a smile.."you wait 15-20 minutes la..better still if you come collect youself" O_O




Chicken feed (stewed I think) - also very nice. Note the 'out of shape plate' that they don't bother to replace. It is found in another very busy stall selling chee cheong fun and other stuff. The chee cheong fun that comes in curry pig skin is also very nice..so nice that I forgot to snap a picture of it :)) Lousy blogger I am !




The pork noodles are also very famous (according to the owner) but.... we were seated at a wrong table....have to switch tables if want to eat pork noodles..too lazy to do tat..after all..stomach getting full.



Instead..I made PPL order this for me.




"Multi parts" of the pig soup (zhu jap tong) - in case you can't see what's in it - there is the pig's tongue, small intestine, big intestine, blood, kidney! Taste wise..so so only..but satisfied my 'craving' for pork.



There are more pictures of the place with Jane. Not sure if she will load them though.



Oh ya..there is also this stall that sells very tasty fried chicken....thanks to PPL who went to Queue Up just so we can try a piece of it. VERY NICE eventhough..we were very very full by then!



Saturday's dinner was at D'Italiane Kitchen @ Jaya 33. I've come across many articles and blogs about this place. So..thought we give it a try. The ambience and environment is very nice. I am not a fan of Italian food..but I found myself liking the food! Er...wondering why there are no pictures...he he..lousy blogger here forgot to bring camera :p Attemped to snap some using WK's phone..didn't turn out well :( To make up for it..here's a blog about the place that I picked randomly from the net .


Lastly..Sunday meetup with the CS gals was great fun! We met at Jaya One Old Town Kopi Tiam. Food's nothing to shout about..but I picked this place becos of the location and the space. And of course..we maximised the space..by creating enough noise pollution. Quorum : 8 out of 10 invited..not too bad at all! Two surprise turn up by Gurmeet and Mindy who abandoned their 'personal commitments' to be here. Nothing beats Mindy's surprise grand entrance cos we were originally told she will be attending classes for her coming mega exams till evening! Tsk tsk tsk! Elena, Gurmeet, SY(+ Ashley), Gazel, Anne, Fidah, Mindy - a good mix of Catholic, Buddhist, Muslim, Sikh - well...aren't we proud to be Malaysians. I personally think it is getting very difficult to find such good Muhibbah group nowadays! By the way..we have not met up before 2008...meaning..we've been out of touch for the last 18 years. Thanks to the great Facebook...we slowly got reconnected since last year...for good I hope. For the records, to date we have 200 members in the main Convent Sentul Old Girls (CSOG) facebook group and 28 are from Class 1990 itself! Bravo..!


Oh ya..I tested the Suzuki Sx4 on Saturday!


Verdict: Well..I still absolutely in-love with it. It's $89K+. Damn stylish. Latest trend. But..it's not so practical ler. Fuel consumption not as good relatively. Interior ain't great too. So...no go lor.
Best Blog Tips

6 comments:

  1. Red, juicy, sweet Apple become bitter, Green Apple.. So, what now? Continue with the grapes?

    You know, I don't think I have bought branded shirt for a long time! I think I have become an Uncle! My fashion degenerates to 10 years ago. How? OH NO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat about annine? so kuai oso ah?
    wait..how do u define 'branded'?

    Giordano is also a brand. Dockers is also a brand ler. I thk I saw you in a Dockers pants ler! *cheat*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your life is so interesting!!! And full of social outings too, not bad. Keep it up.

    As for the car, well maybe u shld wait for the new Honda City?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wk...as i said in earlier post...dunno why gatherings always happen together at the same time..but luckily..i made it to all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie is worst. She doesn't shop.. ha ha ha .. branded is defined as what rich people wear... the high end stuff.

    My Dockers ah.. I bought like 5 years ago le... :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. wa..u r such a lucky man to hv a wife that doesn't shop!

    ReplyDelete