Sunday, May 03, 2009

Never happier to see "Ms P"

As a teenager..we dread to see "Ms P" who Has to come visiting every single month. "P visiting" means huge inconvenience to most young girls. Can't play sports. Can't swim. Stomach cramps. Worried about stains on underwear or worse still stains on the skirt (#$@!). I have friends who had such bad bad cramps that they had to beg the doctors to give them the fastest solution - a Jab in the arm!

There were times, when I was younger and very much ignorant, I'd be more then happy if "Ms P" doesn't visit. Better still!

As we get older...it becomes a Love-Hate relationship. When it comes..urghh...troublesome. mood swings. cramps. total inconvenience. When it doesn't come..ooh..what's wrong? what did I do? Did I forget to do something? those who are married (or attached) will be scrambling for pregnancy test kit. Some will be worrying about fertility issues..the pride and (may be) joy of being a woman.

So...we learnt to be more sensitive to "Ms P" pattern of visits. Ideally..it should be a 28 days cycle. Start counting on the first day of visit. Those planning to have babies will tell you which are the most fertile days for *ahem*

For me...it's a totally different story. It worries me when "Ms P" comes late or doesn't arrive. I get worried that there may be a relapse of a previous condition. Worried that..I may have to go through another round of medication (I dislike medications) or worse still another surgery. Fyi, I had a scare in end 2006, when the doctor told me that there were some cysts outside my uterus and advised me to go for an urgent procedure to remove, investigate and most importantly rule out possibility of cancer. Thank God...it wasn't cancer and it turned out that I had severe endometriosis. See related post here

My "Ms P" didn't visit the whole of last month. Got me worried sick. And I have a doc appoitnment in mid May...he will normally frown if I tell him that "Ms P" was late...he will frown even more if I tell him that "Ms P" did not turn up!

Ooo la la..."Ms P" finally arrived today! *Hugs* *Hugs* *Hugs* I miss you sooo soooo much my good friend! I'm so so so happy to see you!!! Please come don't be late again yaa...I promise I will take my supplements on time *hehe*


Phew...a burden off the shoulder.
Hmmm...I wonder if I can go for RPM tomorrow?
See what I mean by inconvenience..

Here's something hilarious but somewhat relevant from nicolekiss:
http://nicolekiss.blogspot.com/2008/02/monthly-income.html
Best Blog Tips

2 comments: