Monday, June 08, 2009

How's life so far?

Phew..end of Monday. How did your day go?

Someone mentioned to me about..what's our purpose in everyday life? all we do is ..go to work every morning, work work work, wait for end day, celebrate the end day, then repeat again the following day and rejoice every Friday.

Is that what life is all about?

Honestly, I'm afraid so. My dad will probably say this is 'sik pao moh yeh jo" i.e. stomach full..nothing better to do..in his younger days..all he worries about is how to earn enough money to raise the family.

I told her..that's why I try to inject some 'fun' into the evenings or weekends..as much as I can. It's probably a chicken and egg thing..or it's timing, I don't know. Few years back..I used to spend 12-13 hours in the office. Then another 1-2 hours having late meals with colleagues to wind down. Almost daily. By the time we reached home..it's past midnite most of the time..just enough ttime to shower and hit the sack and then it's morning again. We had a saying for those nights.."the moment the light is off...the brain switches off to la-la land even before the head hits the pillow" Well..we still play..like alternate weekends..we will go for morning walks at places like Kiara, FRIM or a game of squash or badminton...etc. Those were the days.

When I switched firm...my life took a drastic turn. I would be off-work before the sunset. I think for at least the first 12 months..I was fumbling about..looking for activities to fill up those extra hours. Was thinking about taking language classes...etc.etc. Then I got into tai ci.

And ..i can't remember...what happened in between tai ci...and when I got crazy over body combat at the gym.

It's history anyway...

and so..my life now is...wake up to work, work, try to work, eat, work, try to work, hit the gym or tai ci, and then home..still got a bit of time to blog and FB before heading to bed. On days when I don't have tai ci or gym..it can be anything free and easy :) Just like today. Tai chi instructors' out of country..we are supose to train by ourselves..I opted out :p Thought of rushing home to get gym gear..too rush..and better rest as my ankle and some muscles still hurt slightly. That's why I am here..pondering over Life!

So..I really don't know whether it's meant to be this way. I mean..is it because of I changed job or is it because my priorities in life changed?

Yesterday Gan asked me why I still work out when my ankle is prone to being injured again. My immediate response was..if I don't do what I enjoy now..I may not be able to do so in future wor. I will be so old and it will be too late. I already wasted last 10 years 'working' and thought I was 'physically unwell to do any rigorous activities'.

Anyway..what's next? Or rather..what else about life?

While pondering about this topic ..I looked up for some inspirational quotes about Life and found these:

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens...by Carl Jung
(hmm..i still can't see what;s inside my heart)


Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process...by Anne Wilson Schaef
(ya..we just roll on and on...with the process..and see what the process leads us to?)

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives..by Annie Dillard
(Are we doing enough?)



Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back...by Arthur Rubinstein
(yes...love and be loved)



Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars....by Henry Van Dyke
(yes..Thank You..I am grateful for that)



We can discover this meaning in life in three different ways: (1) by doing a deed; (2) by experiencing a value; and (3) by suffering...Victor Frankl
(I shall try to do more deeds...I don't understand what it means by 'experiencing a value' ...and er..not too much suffering pleaseeeee..)

phew...what an entry...so deep.
Happy Pondering!
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment