Sunday, June 28, 2009

To die on the same day as MJ


PIC SOURCE : http://news.yahoo.com and www.jeffooi.com

How can I not blog anything about the Death of MJ.

No one can deny that he is a Legend regardless of how weird or screwed up he was. Whatever it is..No One can repeat the Magic he had created for us.

I was either not born yet or still too young a baby when Elvis Presley and Bruce Lee died...but I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson's passing will be the Greatest Loss ever... not only to the entertainment industry but to the entire human race. Just like how he used to sing to us..

"Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for me and the entire human race.."

See..that's the Magic I'm talking about. I'm not even a fan of his..and yet I know his songs by heart! Beat it, Thriller, Bad, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal...how many of you have had performed to his songs and dance in school concerts?

His Live in Bucharest concert is blasting on Malaysia's 8TV right now...I was very sleepy and struggling to write this post before the show started..now I am typing away :D Magic!

So..he died on Thursday morning, 25 June 2009.. So did Farrah Fawcett. Another person who created Magic on TV during the 70s era..it is Magical indeed to make such a huge impact in an era with such limited media access. We only had at most three national channels to watch then and about an hour or two of western TV series per day. Charlie's Angels happened to be one of the series that we were lucky enough to get to watch. I must admit Farrah wasn't as big as MJ but I do remember very clearly her iconic Farrah "hair".

Some people have condemned the media and public for side tracking Farrah's death relative to MJ's front page coverage. To me this is a non issue, really. Even if MJ did not die on the same day..do you think Farrah's passsing will be on front page?

Personally, I don't think either of them cared who gets the front page. After all both are dead and gone. For Farrah especially, after such a long fight and suffering with anal cancer..I'm sure she is somewhat relief that she is finally pain-free now. And ..hey..she gets to walk to heaven hand in hand with MJ!

Hmm...got me thinking..would I want to die on the same day as such an Icon?

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment