Saturday, December 06, 2008

Cholesterol, Liver....What the heck..

Apologies for the not so great pic quality, it's from the phone.

This is a caption of my latest medical report. How can this be?? My dad's cholesterol level and liver function is better than mind??? He is 76, Hep B carrier...I am only 35! My cholesterol level is much higher this time (last year was normal) although I've been taking oats diligently (and he doesn't!) and I've been working out more this year. Apa ini! I am convinced that the lab swapped our specimens *ha ha* Doc says it's just slightly off, no major worries but to be safe do another test in 6 months time.

What the heck...as usual...quick recap on foodie outing :)
Apologies again for pic quality..all bloggers didn't bring camera :D

Friday Nite - Daorae @ Desa Sri Hartamas
Verdict - very good food.
Service is excellent although kind of stressful when the staff were hovering all over us (me in particular) manning the meat grill.

Full Quorum (yeah!): 6 ladies
Contribution to economy :$219+

Thks to PPL for ordering such a good spread. Food started arriving ard 7.45pm..and we were done in less than an hour! Basically, we were kept very busy eating and trying all the different types of side dishes (typical korean spread), different types of grill meat, kim chi soup noodle, bulgogi, korean pan cake....

Quote PPL's comment on the grilled pork: mmm..the pork is very nice..becos it has pork fats












Korean pan cake and a small caption of our table that was practically FULL of food.










Food all gone..in less than 60 mins..and in comes the lemon cheese cake from Les Toast Bakery @ Amcorp Mall

Today
I enjoyed the badminton game with Gan and Esther this morning. As mentioned in previous post..it was years ago since we last played together. (I think I don't even sweat that much in BC class)

The day didn't begin well with Gan though - one of her ex colleague (and distant relative) was killed in a massive landslide that hit a housing estate in Bukit Antarabangsa, KL very early this morning...read more about the tragedy HERE Just heard over the news that 14 (!) bungalows were buried. Four dead and many others injured.


I brought dad to Sun Wong @ Jaya One for late lunch later in the afternoon. There was a miscommunication (hee..)....while he was waiting patiently for me to get home after sending my sis to pick up her car..I was happily having lunch with sis..we even made our way to the Adidas warehouse site! Din't manage to get into the 'warehouse' though...cos the queue just to gain access was #$@ long and only 10 persons were allowed in every 10 mins!


Anyway....I felt so guilty..and it was a challenge looking for good food at such an odd hour. It was already 4pm by the time we left the clinic. Fortunately..I remembered Sthis place at Jaya One. I dare not even mention that I already had lunch :p Ordered beef brisket curry rice set for him.

When I entered the restaurant, the pastry counter caught my attention. I ordered a milk egg tart, a HK polo char siew bun and a cocktail bun as starter. They were Delicious!













So delicious that ..everyting disappered before I can take any pictures:D
Verdict : Highly recommended!
Contribution to economy :$29+
Oh ya...I also managed to grab some good stuff from the DFO outlet in Giant Kelana Jaya. Bought 3 tops and belt for about $50+ only! and 2 of the tops are supposedly 'branded' (The G brand..hee hee).


And....all the tops are XS
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Yeah my cholesterol level and BP oso slightly above the healthy level.

    Think we shld watch the food we eat eventhough we exercise

    ReplyDelete