Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Feeling Old?

After the badminton session last Saturday, Gan asked me if ..."I feel old" We are both in mid 30s...(approaching 40 soon). Sounds old ler but....Gan says when she's playing she doesn't feel old at all. I do agree to some extend....but one can't help but feel bloody old ..


... when you meet fresh intern/graduates who are barely in their 20s
..when surrounded by energetic young trainers / members at the gym
...when your peers are all married and have their children calling you auntie
..when the kids who used to be kids are now teenagers
...and new generation of kids are being produced by day
....when you see your skin condition not as smooth and soft as before
..and the older generation getting even older and starts leaving us one by one

According to Webster's Dictionary, the word “old” is defined as “having been in use for a long time,” “worn, dilapidated, ancient, or decayed by time.”


Julie Isphording, former Olympian re-defined OLD as “courage, wisdom, athletic and perseverance.” after her experience as a volunteer at the 1995 St. Louis Senior Olympic games..read more from her Life Tales From a Former Olympian

She is probably right. I would think I waas 'older' about 12 months ago....

..I use to sleep late till late mornings on weekends....and still feel sleepy and tired
..I spend alot of hours in front of the idiot box
..Sometimes I opted to stay home instead of going out
..I had to drag myself to the gym
..when I first started joining BC classes..I had co-ordination problems :D...I couldn't do push ups even on the knees...but now..I can even manage a few on my toes!

And I used to think that..my fitness and strength is gone case ..gone with the damaged nerves..but hey..it's coming back! My original badminton strokes are back! I can smash hard now ..almost just like in school days!

Live Young! Feel Young!

P/S: My sis however thinks that living young means staying up late and going out late. She thinks I am crazy waking up so early on weekends to go to the gym and tai ci etc :D
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Interesting.. when people smash you in badminton, do you face the shuttle or do you shy from it? If you do shy from it, you are no difference than 10 years ago.. so you are YOUNG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's all in the mind...........you r as young or old as u think u r :)

    ReplyDelete