Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Gift from Jojo

Quite some months back (couldn't trace back the entry) , I wrote about MK asking me to take over as Jojo's "kai ma" (god mother). MK was my classmate, we sat together in the science labs..so..in a way..our friendship went back quite some distance. Boy...been many many years back. MK has four kids and each one has a godma for reasons that are too lengthy to explain here. Jojo had been a little dejected cos her orginal godma have not been able to find time paying attention to her.

I was quite reluctant in the beginning cos I was worried that I won't be able to commit and end up letting poor jojo down again.. Secondly..I was worried that I will not be able to interact with her. After some thoughts, I agreed. MK said..I don't have to do much. Just remember her birthday (which she will remind me) and buy a little something for Christmas..and may be ocassional lunch / dinner otuing.

We were 'introduced officially' over a casual dinner. She "shyly" told her mom that she liked me. I met Jojo many times before that ..she is a sweet child, I know. Thats why I wanted to make sure that I don't dissappoint her. After that we met on a few occasions at kids party and gatherings. On all ocassions Jojo was quite pleased to meet me again while I kept forgetting to get a little something for her.

I had dinner with them again last Wednesday - a belated birthday dinner for Jojo. This time I was prepared - with a birthday gift & a Christmas gift!

Jojo was prepared too. The moment she saw me..she waved to me and came over to present me a sweet little blue box - my Christmas present. Her mom said..they were in the mall early to shop for presents. I was told that Jojo insisted that she has to find me something First!

Here's what she bought for me. Very sweet bracelet. Her mom said it's quite expensive too! I am not the type who is into bracelets (cos I find them too troublesome to put on and off) but...I really think this is nice! Check it out...nice taste from a 8 year old!

Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

  1. She is so SWEET :) and very thoughtful too!!! You are one lucky Godma.

    The bracelet is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, the bracelet is very nice.

    We will remind you to put on in our next outing okay ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahha, She remem to buy you gift and you need MK to remind you to buy pressie!! Lousy Kai Ma. Anyway, MK is very good at buying small gifts. My K loves meeting her!!!

    Cowie

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice bracelet, looks good on you too! :)

    ReplyDelete