Wednesday, November 26, 2008

15 years left?

Yet another unexpected death. One of my sis' friendly neighbour had a heart attack and passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He was barely 50. I have not met him though..but was told he was a very very nice man.
Barely 50 and time is up. I can't help but wonder...if I were to have the same fate..I only have less than 15 years left to live this life. What have I done and What have I not done??
PAUSED.
BLANK.
Ermmm....
  • I've been a good kid...I think
  • I did my degree at the very least
  • I have a job..and have been earning a steady income for the past 12 years
  • I have been a good daughter..I'd like to think so
  • I have been a good person..I'd like to think so too
  • I have been a good sister..uh huh?
  • I have an adorable but naughty little nephew
  • I am going to have a niece!
  • I have been a good employee...*blink* despite the fact that I am bloggin now at 10.28am
  • I have a house altho..technically it belongs to the bank
  • I drive a car...something I didn't think I wud be able to do when I was 17
  • I have great friends
  • I have a blog and I am loving it
  • I have a dog and a cat
  • I survived TM
  • I am re-discovering fitness
  • I still love BC at the gym
  • I am learning tai ci..do I love it?..I still can't tell..
  • I am re-discovering my love for badminton (my childhood hobby)
  • I live to eat..although this contradicts big time with the other love
  • Oh ya..did lasik :)

That's all??!!!

Boo hooo...

  • I don't really know how to swim
  • I can't even cycle properly
  • I have not dived
  • I have not bungee jump
  • I have not been up Mount KK altho it's so nearby
  • I have been single all this while and still am!!
  • I have not given birth
  • I have not experienced motherhood
  • I have not backpacked
  • I have not work/live overseas

I am glad though that ....I was in Beijing (last year around this time)..

I was at the Great Wall of China...would love to spend more time up there though...

I am also glad I was at Nepal (Y2003).....we didn't even have digital cameras then..photos were all in print copy. I 'stole' this from the net - The Annapurna Peaks...a familiar scene which we woke up to everyday while we were in Nepal.

Just read on Wiki that the Annapurna Peaks are among the world's most dangerous mountains to climb, with a fatality rate of 40%!

http://travel.sulekha.com/china/kailash-mansarovar/photos/slideshow/19928/pageno-1.htm


So...what's left to do in life?
Stay healthy people. Stay fit. Appreciate, be grateful to what you have right now.
Your life. Your job. Your parents. Your siblings. Your hubby. Your wife. Yourself. Your house. Your bed. Your car. Your food. Your drink. Your colleagues. Your friends.
Smile to yourself now and say Thank You.
Spend more time with your loved ones.
Give your best to what you are doing and will be doing...
but then...remember that we ain't perfect after all...learn to give ourselves a break some times.
Ensure that if we don't leave life with regrets.
And I shall get back to work too :)
P/S:
Yawn..having 2nd cup of coffee. Sleepy lar. Was up early to go to the gym..didn't get to go last night. I was surprise to see so many serious gym go-ers working out so early in the morning..it wasn't even 7! Aii...sleepy betul now.
The tyres of my car are very worn out. Too dangerous to be on the road. Will get them replaced later today. Big hole to the wallet again ..sigh..
Best Blog Tips

8 comments:

  1. :) you've done well so far. very well, i would say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I think all of us should write the same thing.. hmm.. let me start thinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. h aha...jus cut n paste and modify ..i dun think there will be much diff :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, morning work-out before 7am! good job. that's already one thing you can add on your list of achievements! :)
    yes, you've done well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever wonder if we would ever get to Heaven when the time comes

    ReplyDelete
  6. no point wondering about after life now ler..tomorrow is mystery...today itself is a gift. Live Today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with you. That is why today is call PRESENT :)

    ReplyDelete