Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Manado - North of Sulawesi

MANADO - sounds like MANA TU isn't it?
When Chris sent the email (with links about the place)..I had no time to click into the links. I presumed MANADO will be some place in Indonesia...nearby Jakarta...reachable by Air Asia. With AA..everyone's going to places like Medan, Bandung, Laos...so I thought MANADO will be someting equivalent. Chill!!!

It still didn't strike me when I first read WK's comment in the early part of last night. Ya..delayed reaction...I think..only this morning...the word SULAWESI....and then the image above (thanks to my limited Geography knowledge) striked me.

SULAWESI?? That funny looking island off Sabah/ Sarawak that no one pays attention to! OMG...scare la. Got pirates or not?? Didn't expect this to come from Chris ler.
*Biting my nails*

Did a very quick read on one of the link just now:

Manado city is the provincal capital of North Sulawesi.
Manado is the starting point for exploration of the Minahasa region's many attractions. Fun-loving and extroverted, the Minahasa people live in neat wood frame houses, with fences and flower gardens, giving Manado a European feel. There is a wide range of hotels and restaurants. Those with an adventurous palate should try the famously hot and spicy Minahasa cuisine. The city's numerous shops and markets are filled with an abundance of consumer goods and agricultural produce, while behind every building are glimpses of emerald hills and azure sea.Inland from Manado, a trip through the Minahasa Highlands will take you to intriguing prehistoric above-ground burial sites, volcanoes, hot springs, the highland lake Tondano and breathtaking panoramas of lush mountains, coffee and coconut plantations, orchid gardens and terraced hillsides. From Manado, also be sure to visit the Dua Saudara Nature Reserve, home to birds and other wildlife unique to Sulawesi, such as the Tarsier - the smallelst monkey, cus cus, Hornbill etc.

Hm...sure or not?? Wait a minute..I think one of my horoscope reading says that I should go somewhere that I've never been before. This is it??

Best Blog Tips

28 comments:

  1. wah.god progress.. this is becoming a lifstyle blog...nice place to expore wor..

    ReplyDelete
  2. see..title of blog - about Life Enjoyment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what, I google on Manado(tu) again ... actually "things" that I can find guess are less than those we searched for Langkawi .. hahaha .. very interesting, this is gonna be Mana-tu discovery and adventurous trip!

    How does it sounds? Exciting and looking forward to =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah yeah do go, do go!! Then you all can come bk and do a full report of your adventure to the 'unknown' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend's sister work as a hotel manager there. It's absolutely safe and facinating. If you want good deal, maybe you can let me know. See if I can hook you up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking good..I'm slightly less 'worried' now. thks...FY..wud appreciate ur help..i hv to ask my 'travel mgr' for final decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and u live a very luxury life too!! have personal travel manager wor.. what % of the world pop have this luxury?? tsk tsk tsk... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has more than 1 personal travel managers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So what is your budget like per person? How many travelling? My friend said it's about rm1.2k per person for a 4-5 days all-pao-ka-liow-except-flight to Manado. Interested?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fongyee, the trip is 4D3N. Assuming 3 persons going, still rm1.2k per pax? May i know what's your definition of "all-pao-ka-liow" - includes diving? 3 meals a day? tour?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hee hee..wei...dun scare off my fen ah..'travel mgrs'..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, pao ka liow means diving, tour, meals, rooms, etc..

    My friend's sister's hotel is, um, how to say, on the high end.. which is why it is more expensive. So the estimated figure is Rm1.2k per person. If you are ok with that amount, please send me email and I will hook you guys up. Then you can nego on the package or something.

    Can you guys sponsor me to Manabo? I promise I will be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. FY, it's ManaDO (mana tu?) not ManaBO (mana tak ada?/ where don't got?) the name itself is such a charm! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL.. since I can't get the name right, I guess there goes the sponsored trip :( ... down the DRAIN...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thks for the info FY but ..i thk i jus heard my travel mgr fell of her chair :D

    and yes..its MANADO...aii..got map oso salah.

    ReplyDelete
  16. RM1.2K OK ma.. not too expensive ma? wah.. let's make this entry a record breakig with most comments ever, for this blog la.. :P
    Comment tujuh belas.... anyone? **really full of crap me**..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi FongYii, I really fell of my chair =P

    I will let you know latest by next Friday (or earlier if possible) on our decision.

    Thanks for your helps very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ai seh..i very busy moderating your comments lar..

    travel mrg - the gentleman's name is Fong Yee. tsk tsk tsk...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this Manado place really generates lots of interests ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ya lor.. I nearly fell off MY chair coz suddenly I am Fong Yii.. like Yiiiiiiiiiii.. so geliiiiiiiiii!

    (trying to add crap to this post)

    ReplyDelete
  21. goodness, these comments are hilarious!! you girls are fantastic :).
    i' so jealous i couldn't make it.
    io - 1.2k 'only' mah, wah, you talk like rich woman.
    looks like this is really gonna be a lifestyle trip
    go girls! show us those lovely pictures later.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hint: there is ONE gentelman in the house lar.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1.2k for a year end trip... O..K.. kua... ok la.. a lil expensive.. but i can't find this place in most tour books.. went to Kino to survey a bit during lunch. once in a while, go for a idiot prove trip, 1.2k, can la.. i bet PPL would agree with me on this! :P

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with io, 1.2K for a year end trip sounds reasonable. Nway one has to be a bit lavish once in a while. After all, life is to be enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Fongyee, my apologies, pls forgive me ... =(

    To the others ... 1.2k expensive not ... I better keep quiet ... sorry, SIMPLY b'cos I am not in a good mood now .. so the answer/ feedback .. I guess you know after knowing me for so many years ... sob sob ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. No worries.. I get that a lot on my names.. and then I surprised them by my man-liness... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. fong yee,
    pls check your facebook email if u r sharon, urgent matter there

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wrong fong yee.. as I am not sharon but plain ol' fong yee..

    ReplyDelete