Friday, November 21, 2008

Limbo

I predicted that Sunday will be a full busy day with my cousin's wedding...that's also one of the reason why I took leave today....so that I have an extra day getting my butt moving to do long overdue stuff..and yet still have Sunday for this family event. Unfortunately..very unfortunately....the wedding itself is in Limbo right now. The groom's father collapsed on Wed/Thurs midnight and is now in coma. The doctor said that he had a major stroke..and may not even survive. Even if he does ..he will have major paralysis to deal with. Sadness aside. This poor young couple is left not only to deal with the sudden turn of event but also under tremendous pressure to decide whether to go ahead with the wedding! If you know what I mean...it's almost like they have to make the decison in the next 12 hours...if the event should go on as planned...what if the father passes on in the midst of the 'celebration'? Obviously..there is nothing much to celebrate ..but it is practical to carry on in view of the financial losses to be incurred if it is called off. Pity.

As for me...the news hit me quite a bit. Firstly..this cousin is quite a close cousin..althought we don't speak much ..but we kind of grew up together..and I am close to her mom - my aunt. Eventhough, I only met the husband a few times..I like him ...very nice & sincere chap..my heart goes out to him. Poor chap.

Secondly, I can't help but think about my own aging dad when I hear about such unfortunate incidents. It can happen to him too! Oh no...I can't bear. A friend was telling me that she read a very touching novel..and she was overcame with emotions thinking about how she herself will not be able to handle Loss of her loved ones. I very lightly told her to chill out. Well..I lost my mom years ago..basically...things just happen...and you just have to stride through...no point thinking about it before it even happens. Easier said than done eh? Will I be able to deal with losing another loved one?


Ok..enough about sad news. Why am I here when I am suppose to be running around completing my set targets? Well, the main task is in prgress while I am here. Came back home to get some rest, lunch and pick up some stuff and of course can't resist logging on. And..I am taking longer than expected because the stupid internet connection is so freaking unstable @#!$!

Ommmm...! Better post this and hit the road again..before I get a heart attack too. Hop,fully. I will be back later today..with some pics to show off my achievement :) Still no news from cousin/ aunt yet.
Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your cousin's situation, so much to face for a young couple. i hope the family could gather all the strength to get through this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my cousin's brother is getting married this Sunday as well. Dont tell me the world is so small!! The bride is your cousin??

    Cowie

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot be la..alot of ppl getting married these season. tai kat lai si...the groom's father jus passed away this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about this sad news.......must be even harder on your cousin and hubby.

    Hope they are coping well with the news

    ReplyDelete