Monday, November 10, 2008

Rest in Peace - Aunty Lena

I think that's what they call her. "Aunty Lena's home cooking" -- I always get my rice from her whenever I needed to eat in. Most of the time, the food is quite tasty...except once when I had the fried mee hoon. I like her fried eggs, fried chicken, curry chicken, curry tau foo pok. "Thank you girl" -- she will always say this to me when I take away my food. She has been operating from a kiosk for years..until recently moved to a proper stall when the mall allocated a corner for food stall. Business has been good..cos it's relatively more decent food..closer to home cook food as oppose to fast food and mamak style food. Since post deepavali ( I think) the stall has been closed. Out of curiosity..I asked the neighbouring chee cheong fun stall. "sudah tak mahu jual" was her answer. I was liked.."huh..business so good..mengapa?" "Aunty Lena sudah meninggal" "sakit perut..lepas tu meninggal"

I was in total shock!

Sigh...life is indeed short.

So..lunch today is chee cheong fun. Splashing CCF sauce all over myself and work documents as I am writing this.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear.......may she rest in peace and hope she is in a better place :)

    ReplyDelete