Thursday, March 05, 2009

BKK - In memory of a great lady

When it's time..it's time. When one has to go..there is no compromise.
There's no turning back. Today is a gift. Tomorrow is mystery.
Do not wait. Take action today.
Live life with no regrets.



I met her (my SIL's mom) during my first visit to BKK during my bro's wedding. She was in KL when Danial was born. And recently when Angie was born. I last spoke to her before she left for home about a month ago. She invited me to visit her in BKK again. I smiled and said..I will try..although I didn't really mean it...simply because I've been to BKK and it won't be my 1st choice of holiday destination at least in the near future. I didn't expect that to be our last conversation and another trip to soon to BKK is to pay my last respect to this soft spoken nice gentle woman.



In memory of a great lady...may you rest peacefully.


The grandchildren - too young to understand where popo has gone to...








Where I stayed...a typical medium-high class neighbourhood .. ..where popo spent her last 2 years comfortably after almost a lifetime of hardship..






Other random photos of BKK..




Fire hydrant..and err..shoes anyone?




Bored..? Sex toys or pay to play play station..your choice!




Hanging bridge over the river..and our very own Petronas gas in BKK



Food that I ate



wan tan mee, kuey chap..



err..all kinds of yummy sauces..to go with thai noodle

a kind of dessert and pork ball

stewed DRAGON soup ..dragon means the 'precious' organ of the ox ( I didn't have this..)

Random photos from lil Danial

And lastly..meet Kun..a wonderful person..whom effortlessly provided support to the family and helped with the kids..also helped drove me around to squeeze in some 'leisure time' for me..and to the airport..despite the crazy traffic ..she is always her chirpy and cheerful self. Hope to see you KL soon.



Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Wow..u seem to have done a lot in the 2 days on BKK ...

    ReplyDelete