Monday, March 02, 2009

Mid Life

The other day we laughed at SY who just celebrated her 36th birthday that she had touched late thirties category. I still have about 2 more months to go before touching that awful number. Well..some may argue that it's not the 'number' that matters...it's all in the mind. You think young ..you feel young. True to some extend but a lot of of other things are beyond our control. Those days as a teenager..I will be in school at 6am..jumping around the game courts playing badminton and volleyball..and then to classes in the afternoon till late evening..and still can stay up till late night to do homework. Now? Aiii...one two hours at the gym gives me all kinds of aches and injury *rolling eyes*. When we were in our twenties..we can work late nights everyday and then can still go for drinks and supper. Now...by midnight ..we will be yawning away. Sometimes...even worse..I will be nodding off by 10 or 11pm if I am at home doing nothing.

Apart from that..at this life stage..there are more things to worry about. Mid Life Crisis that is. My SIL's mom passed away suddenly this morning in BKK . Just had a short 'conference' with my sis debating on whether either one of us should go to BKK as a family rep for moral support. Discussed about who should go, cost of airfare..taking leave..etc etc...in de end we striked a deal..I go and she sponsors 50% of the cost ;) Win-win..and we think SIL and bro will truly appreciate our gesture.

My aunt once said..when you find yourself worrying and having have to care for the young and old..you are experiencing Mid Life Crisis. I am lucky in the sense that I only have to care about my dad (or was it the other way round?)..I'm thankful that he is still very much independent. He can be pretty grumpy and nasty at times..but then..what do you expect from 70+ year old man....and every night he makes sure there are some food waiting for me! I say a quiet thanks every night when I see him snoozing in front of the TV..very much healthy looking... SY was just sharing with me that she is having a tough time cos she has to care for her kids, worry about her ailing dad, and worry about whether mom can cope...etc etc. That's mid life crisis.


So...folks...as I've said many times..treasure life..treasure your loved ones. A fren of mine just commented in FB ...'never go to sleep being mad at someone'
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Yes we must always treasure the times we have with our loved ones esp our parent. I really really appreciate this after my Dad passing.

    Another thing I tell myself to do is tell my Mom that I love her which I never had the chance to do with my Dad. I must not miss my chance with my Mom

    ReplyDelete