Monday, March 16, 2009

Me, Myself by Adidas

You may have noticed the Adidas Me,Myself widget recently added in this blog. It is called the Adidas 'Me Time Calendar'...well...apart from marketing functions..it supposedly a calendar to help us create ME TIME... i.e. "time to spend on ourselves"

The campaign was launched in SG this February....“The modern-day woman has so many roles to fulfil every day, and Adidas recognises the challenges she faces while doing so. Through this Facebook calendar application, we hope to inspire her to create some ‘me-time’ for herself,” said Marcus Chew, senior brand manager, Southeast Asia for Adidas...read more HERE

I've been toying with it since Saturday. So far I've been keying in mostly gym and social activities but I started to ponder a while ago. What is ME TIME exactly?

Wiktionary defined it as :
A period during which someone relaxes by doing something he/she enjoys

I thought so too...thats why I keyed in all those activities that (I thought) I enjoyed...bathing the dog, lunch with daddy, body combat, tai chi, lunch with friends, etc etc ...are those ME time?

Yes and No.

I would think..no matter how much I enjoy those...I still need total ME TIME. ....meaning...absolutely alone time with myself...preferably...doing nothing..errmm..may be can still do a little something with minimal brain activity...e.g. reading..watching a favourite comedy, gardening.

Why do I think so? Well..since I wasn't feeling too well last night...I didn't bother to think about whether I have time to go the gym today. No need to pack at night nor morning. Towards evening just now....no need to think about what time I should leave ...in order to be in time for which class. No need to refresh my memory about how to strap the ankle correctly. I was a free soul!

I can take a slow drive home. No need to rush.

Reading mag's most recent post reminded me about the ME TIME I had while on the way back from BKK. Just me and my music...no one else. nothing else. That's why I like driving too...just love blasting the music shutting myself out.

But then...too much time alone is not very good too. I think too much when I am alone :p

All we need is some balance isin't it? A little bit of everything. Just like food.

Hee..

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment