Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour '09 @ Sunway Pyramid Malaysia

8.29pm vs. 8.30pm Sunway Pyramid




Did you observe the Earth Hour? I did and I didn't.


I was Sunway Pyramid. Well..I witnessed the Earth Hour event here. The lights that lit the beautiful lion and the pyramid building went off at 8.30pm sharp. There was a small scale event to create atmosphere and of course for media coverage . I took some pictures before going back to eat in the restaurant in the mall when the Sunway College Idol was singing Heal The World.



I was disappointed to see the restaurant still very very much well lighted! Ole Ole Bali next door was dark..but my friends say that..it is always dark Earth Hour or not..so that doesn't count. I shall not mention anything about this restaurant that I ate in..cos they didn't observe the Earth Hour -_- Food ain't great anyway and service sucks. So..you won't miss anything.



I was also disappointed that 99% of the mall was also still well lighted through out the Hour. Cheh. Only a few shops participated...Nando's was very dark - well done!..MPH was half lighted and there were a few others who turned off some lights.



What about my own home? I wasn't at home....and I know my dad wouldn't give a damn. It will be a waste of time and breath trying to explain the whole global warming issue to him. My friend Fel sms-sed home to make sure her parents turn off all lights before going out.



I got home at about 11ish. Daddy's out with big sis. I observed my own delayed Earth Hour :D Only turned on the porch light (which has energy saving function) but the house was so dark..and I was alone at home. Scare! So I turned on the kitchen light. Later I realised that ..its no different ..kitchen light and living room light uses same energy...stupid. Change strategy..turn on dining table light..that uses only 40watt..errr.. not sure if this uses less energy. Ai yaa....so difficult! Before Iwent up to take shower..Iswitched off all lights except the porch. Shower need lights la...but I tried to swich it off when I came out of shower...but..I couldn't see a thing...so dark!!



Sigh,...it really takes alot of effort. What am trying to demonstrate is:

...we don't have to wait until Earth Hour to play our part
...we should make conscious efforts every day every hour of the day


...Put your computer to sleep or better still shut it down when not in use..I set it to hinernate when I went to shower jus now...but err...had to leave wifi on..cos I may hv problems reconnecting if I shut it down (blame Streamyx!)

...when I was blogging home alone on the dining table just now..I only.. turned on the lights here (so that I can see the keyboard clearly)..all other lights off.

Let's start this very minute..be conscious all the time on ways to reduce global warming. Click here to find out more on how you can play a tiny role that will contribute in big ways.

A few more pictures from Sunway Pyramid Earth Hour Event 2009 below. Good Night and Sweet Dreams.











P/S : I'm hungry again..been hungry since 'after dinner'. Downed 2 slices of Gardenia Delicia (Choc Raisin) while blogging. Still hungry!
Best Blog Tips

6 comments:

  1. Aww man...I can't believe I missed Earth Hour. Anyway, I was at church.

    I didn't know Sunway Pyramid turned off the lights!

    Are the lights indoor on or off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately most indoor lights were left on gloson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine what will happen if the indoor lights were off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. i m sure they have emergency lighting indoors.
    are you the gloson from gloson blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to see u here Gloson.
    BTW...ur blog is great.keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete