Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Irritating Bank Officer

A bank officer from the P bank called me yesterday regarding my hire purchase application. I missed the call the evening so he called my home and 'spoke' to my dad. The conversation went something like this:

Stupid officer: can i speak to wsl?
Dad: she is not home yet
Stupid officer: oh..do u have her no.? --he shud have my no. in the file?? I had a missed call.
Dad: No..i don't - White lie!

Stupid officer: Oh..is this...xxxx - (READ OUT MY HOUSE ADDRESS)
Stupid officer: And you are wsl's father?
Dad : Yes
Stupid officer: How many daughters do you have?
Dad : 2 - getting abit agitated by this stupid man and his stupid questions
Stupid officer: blabla bla..apparently went on and on about trying to reach me

Dad : I don't know when she will be back. I think she went to exercise.


He called another 2 times that night. And..he didn't even introduce himself!

And..here's how he talked to me yesterday afternoon...too bizarre I can't remember exactly how it went..I 'll try. And conversation is in Cantonese. So..unprofessional.

Stupid Officer: hello...wsl ah? - i heard his other phone ringing away..
Me : yes...speaking
Stupid Officer: hold on ah - he went yakking away on the other line ..making me hold for at least 3 mins!
Stupid Officer: helo..sorry ah..
Me: #$!@
Stupid Officer: ah..wsl..i wan to check wit u ah...u bot this car right..how much loan u applying?
ME: WHERE ARE U CALLING FROM? - Pissed@!

Stupid Officer: oh.i am calling from P bank - no name mentioned
Stupid Officer: so ah...the car price is 91k..and u r trading in ur car..that means ur loan will be xx

ME: ermm - no motivation to talk
Stupid Officer: ok..and your salary is xxx and u hv allowance..so that makes it xxx a mth la
Stupid Officer: and u hv this home loan ..how much u pay ah?
ME : xxxx a mth - wanna puke, cant believe i m on de phone wit such an ass hole

Stupid Officer: ok..and u hv this credit cards..so...bla bla ba..your mthly commitment wil be about xxx

ME : no reply

Stupid Officer: do u bank in ur salary to other accounts ah?
ME : No..
Stupid Officer: no ah..how come ah..i notice...u dint bank in ur salary in Jan and Feb
ME : Dunno - WTF!

Stupid Officer: no meh. really. you didnt bank in any salary in Jan and Feb
ME : I did. May be diff amount.
Stupid Officer: oh..oh..got an xxx here..why diff ah?
ME : claims.

Stupid Officer: oh ok ok. oh got bonus issit? so ah..ur bonus..how much issit? whats the minimum ?
ME: ZERO

Stupid Officer: huh..whats the minimum bonus you ever get?
ME: ZERO!
Stupid Officer: huh. oh oh..none. haha.

Stupid Officer: ok ok. i thk ur loan shud be ok la. anything i will call u again. ur phone cant be reach in evening issit?
ME: can.
Stupid officer: i tried to call u yesterday...u went to 'ta po' (i.e. play ball) issit ?


There are a few more bizarre things that he said. I can't really remember and I am running out of time. Just wanna share the gist of it. Can you believe it??








Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. I think the officer just want to do a credit check to make sure you will not turn out to be a 'bad loan'

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa lau eh.. so unprofessional.. the professional ah long maybe better than him ler..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very funny....best entry for this year!! I'm trying to imagine Mr Wong's talking to him over the phone!! Kakakkaa

    ReplyDelete