Thursday, April 16, 2009

Man Jeuk 2008 (i.e. Sparrow)

We watched this movie last year. I laugh whenever I'm reminded about this movie. I had wanted to write about it right after watching it but kept forgetting. It's still not too late now since the Johnnie To the Director is one of the nominees 2008 HK Film Awards Best Director category:





Best Director Nominees
1. Ann Hui On Wah (The Way We Are)
2. Johnnie To Kei Fung (Sparrow)
3. John Woo (Red Cliff)
4. Benny Chan (Connected)
5. Yip Wai Shun (Ip Man)



I shall not talk much about the movie per say -- you can read more about it HERE if interested.

Man Jeuk was released at about the same time as Batman last year. We wanted to watch the latter actually. I was just telling fafa casually that..if can't get tix for Batman ..there's this new show called Man Jeuk (Sparrow). I am a fan of Johnnie To and Simon Yam films. Anything from them..I'd assume it will be good by default. Fafa misunderstood my statement and bought tix for Man Jeuk instead.

So..three of us ladies went in there ...didn't know what to expect. I of course had high hopes.


Ermmm...it was kind of a artistic film. Most of the time..we see Simon Yam and his bicycle and camera and there's this beautiful girl running here and there..always seems to be running away from something someone...we see that at the beginning of the show...started having question marks (??)...and still see the same scenes over and over again in the middle of the show ..more question marks (?????) and...the rest is history...we left the cinema with more (????????????)



Very arty show indeed. But..I still like the sight of Simon Yam :))))
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment